Reviews for Skeleton City
YasuRan chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Excellent work. I really dig the mix of the supernatural and earthly sense of mortality ever-present like an aura around the narrator. In the span of such a short piece, her background felt very fleshed out and easy to relate to as a seemingly lost adolescent girl. Yet there's also an element of mystery to her, alongside that of the girl in the yellow boots. We certainly know enough of her life to relate to her as a human, but the open ending leaves plenty of room for interpretation of what awaits her 'on the other side', so to speak.

Sorry for the rambly review. I haven't been online here in a long time and your story helped jog my memories of how much fun I had reading good work. Thanks for writing and best of luck in your publishing ventures!
SenatorBlitz chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
this was ridiculously gory. i was going to have breakfast but now I think I will just...not. thanks to you. i hope you're happy. this was wonderfully written with just the right amount of distance to give the reader time to consider the patterns in your writing and look for themes and at the same time be suitably horrored. last line is the /best/!
Equilibrium chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I'm back! Again. And I must say I'm a total fan of your stories. Your characters (well... quite a few of them, at least) are so wonderfully disturbed, and you portray that characteristic so well it's unbelievable. I was particularly impressed by the recurring image of maggots in the eyes. Very nice. Very surreal. And that last line was so dark! It gave me the happy shivers.

Anyway, great job, as usual. I'm really bad at writing long reviews, so forgive me for not adequately complimenting your writing skills.

Ciao for now.
lijuan chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Discount Nike air jordans ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 90 Sneakers ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 91 Supplier ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 95 Shoes Supplier ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 97 Trainers ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 2003 Wholesale ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 2004 Shoes Wholesale

( )
learntosayhello chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
"How long have you been here?" she asks, her eyes shooting up and down, dead analytical.

I think you mean "deathy analytical."

Wow, this was really intense. It was cool reading a story from an unreliable narrator, somebody who's obviously disturbed and who has no idea what's going on. I wonder what happened to her, and who the girl who kept following her around was. I probably just didn't pay enough attention xD It was really good - I hope you get a lot of votes!
sophiesix chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
well you certainly took me to skeleton city, it felt real to me! I love how you mangae to describe a place where basically nothing is happening so richly, make it feel so fresh, and keep it gripping throughout. great stuff! good luck for teh WCC!
Alteng chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
I will have to give you this is really strange, but that is surrealism for you. You have some really nice, dark imagery in this story. I can only venture to say that the narrator has been in an accident and is dying throughout the whole story, but I could miss the whole point.

It is still a nice read for the artistic reasons.
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Wow, you do an incredible job with gritty and original descriptions. They're what really grabbed my attention from the start. Loved reading them.

This is definitely something I've never seen before. Good job and good luck in WCC!