Reviews for Grown Meek
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile)

I really like the word pelt in the first stanza. It was just a really great choice not usually used with teardrops and it created a great image in my mind.

I also like the comparison of shift changes. It was an interesting choice and I like how you continued with it with changing from midnight to midmorning.

The rest of the piece was great as well as always.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (link in my profile)

I thought the second stanza was perfect in that it places the reader right there in the narrator's shoes to empathize with her mood; it's the wording again ('not seeing, just knowing'). An ingenious way to get the reader on your side ;)

'Miserly, sharp-eyed, slightly bowed at the eyebrow' sounds like an excellent way to describe a frown. I also like the last stanza because it completes the whole piece nicely: it explains the initial purpose of the narrator ('to have sought that which you seek') and its consequences which in turn, sums up the whole thing nicely.
in theory chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I read this on the day of its submission and was in love then, and rereading it has brought that affection back. I think this may be one of my favourites from you, to date. The serenity that's glowing calmly throughout it is just so incredible.

'slightly bowed at the eyebrow' haha I have been accused of this many times, I love eyebrows; they make me think of the eye's bodyguards, moving in tandem and pushing the face around to submit to the emotions your eyes wants to say, but are FAR too important to express. Haha did that make sense?

That last stanza, just completely perfect, I will remember it by heart. It reminds me heavily of Joanna Newsom's Sadie in the way it slowly unfolds its message, but it is unarguably unique to you.

Very contented by reading this, there is much more I could babble on about but you've left me with a feeling of ...pride? in humanity, that it could admit and explain something so humbling.

Truly,

Jack
Isca chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I really like your use of the word "pelt" in your description of "teardrops."

The 'm' alliteration in the third stanza is obviously wonderful.

"Miserly, slightly bowed at the eyebrow." For some reason, I found this image so endearing (but, then again, I *do* always fall for the dark, melancholic man).
greenforests chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Somehow this reminded me of my school dance haha. I love the "to have smiled faintly" it was so beautiful.
cab fed hig chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
amazing work. good form and beautiful descriptions and imagery
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
That is so sweet and sad. It's beautifully written and I love it. You did a wonderful job.

Like a morphing