Reviews for Crusaders in late Autumn
Isca chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
"The Draconian thoroughfares." I can't even tell you how much I loved this line. :D

"Raking too many dead things up from the storm." Fascinating. A gripping image.

"The rain fell in slanted parallelograms." Thank you for reminding me that there is a 'pattern' to things, even in Nature. -Nods-

"Reading Casanova's memoirs during the hail storm." Ahaha. I found this so devilishly amusing.

"God hates everything that I love, it seems." -Chuckles- Brilliant.

I love the passing of time in this; it's always autumn, yet the months are subtly different to the speaker. I really enjoyed reading this piece, Juliet. :)
waitingforwhatever chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Very interesting. I liked the way you arranged it.
Wren's Diatribe chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
thick. solid yet fluid. like a good soup.

only thing that bothers me: "raking too many dead THINGS up..."

things is so distracting and takes away so much from the richness of the poem. maybe "raking too much dead from the storm" would fix it, but i dunno, that doesnt really sit well either. haha :P
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Beautifully written, I loved it. Well done
YasuRan chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
You truly never disappoint. It does my writing spirit good to see work of this quality. It has this wonderfully mysterious and ethereal feeling which ties in together nicely at the end. Your angst, I've noticed, is never cheesy or verging on over-dramatic. It's kinda avant-garde but in such a unique style that you possess.

Well done again, Miss Juliet. Well done!
Heartafire chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Juliet, although I find this some what obscure I think it is terrific writing. Would love clarification but beautifully done.