Reviews for The Shadowed City
jinjoey chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I really loved the story! Lucy seems like an interesting person. I can't wait to get to know her better! Good Job!
A.P. Gregory chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
First of all I think you have a fantastic story! It reminds me very much of the book Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel. If you haven't read it you should really check it out.

I really love the relationship between Lucy and Sir Adrian. It seems very genuine and endearing. Stephen Goodfellow seems like an interesting chap and I can't wait to meet his friend. I like how you don't reveal everything to quickly. It is good to withold things from the reader to create suspense and intrigue, two things this story has a lot of.

The only criticism I have is word choice. Sometimes when you repeat a word to much the writing sounds clunky. For example I thought that the word seemingly was used a few to many times. So my advice is after you finish a chapter look it over for repeated words and adjust accordingly.

So like I said before,I really enjoyed this chapter and cannot wait for more. Great Job!