Reviews for Crying Statues
Sunflower11 chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I Like your poem i think i kind of got the metaphor,i thought it was about a person who was bigger(she was the statue) and like she was so happy and the kids words never hurt her but near the end it was like she was hurt but you couldn't tell unless you look closely.I may be wrong though but i like you poem a lot.
Eamonn Patrick Daly chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I love this. Every single stanza tells its own story. It reminds me of how anybody can look on the outside by being seen as statue-like and smiling by people that just glance or walk past. Being bullied by the those who do not understand and admired by those who feel similar but are under the impression the face she presents is the only one she has. Yet, all it takes is for someone to just searh a little deeper and realise that even 'Laughing statues / Cry in the rain'.
lymli chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
it's a cool story, though it's sad, specially the ending. it's like a reflection about how appears deceive.

have a cool weekend.
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Thank you very much for the review. I'm glad people are liking that story, since I'm still very undecided. :) In any case, here's a return review.

1) ficpress hates stanzas. It's a terrible truth. The best thing I've been able to do to separate them out is to throw a single line with a hyphen in between them. It's less jarring than a divider line, and having any punctuation at all on a line keeps ficpress from automatically deleting it. If you really wanted to be stealth, you could use commas or periods. Those would probably look okay.

2) I like the metaphor. In fact, I like the whole poem, but I think the metaphor makes for an amazing jumping-off point for more material. A little bit of magic realism could go a long way here, giving the statue and the narrator a chance to talk.

-sc