Reviews for Bookworm
fantasybookworm2012 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
People seem to think that liking books is some alien thing. I thrive when I'm reading and it's who I am. Though in all honesty, many people don't really bother to try and get to know "bookworms."
Also, are you in this or is it just reflective of a generalized event?
The-One-Who-Needs-A-Life chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Oh wow very impressive D

I like how you made the bookworm seem like a different spiecies to a normal person and how you made the main protonagist want to get to know her

I disliked however how short it was since I would like to know more about this bookworm xP

overall, a well written poem, well done ]

Leanne x
JaffaFoose chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Hm… well, I may be judging it too harshly because I’m a bookworm (:P), but, I did think this felt a bit awkward.

Some of the lines are so much longer than others that it tends to feel a bit weak to me, although this may be just a personal thing.

It also felt like you were trying a bit too hard to rhyme (something which I have no right to complain about, really, because I do the same thing whenever I try to write poetry).

Also, I think you made a couple mistakes.

“But she merely just turns and waves,”

‘Merely just’ seems redundant to me. Maybe get rid of the just. Or else rewrite it as something like “But all she does is turn and wave,” or something vaguely similar to that. Just a thought.

“She's always there, every time I've look”

Should be I’ve looked or I look.

Overall, it’s a pretty cool poem, I just found it to be a bit forced.
Creeping Collarbones chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This is really cute. It flows reall well. I can see it being read to children!

I hve nothing bad to say about this!

Good job(:
MeAsIAm chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
The tone of the narrator reflects his age and world from his view. I like the fact that the narrator sticks to his opinion about her being a 'bookworm' but still accepts that he would like to meet her someday, which is a reflection of his innocence.

book filled cave. - very nice imagery. It reminds me of a child and long forgotten tales of Arabian nights and the works. :D

With a nose that's brimmed with glasses of gold. - I think that you can omit the first 'With',reading out the poem aloud, the with seems forced. Just my opinion :) .

Very cute.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This poem was really great. I like the childish voice you used to describe the neighbor. The rhymes were a little standard and run of the mill, but I think the gave the piece a better feel. Nicely done.

Adonnen (The Roadhouse)

P.S. I'd like a review for my own poem, 'My House,' if you don't mind. (:
AvidWriter-92 chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Oh, I loved this! :D My favorite thing that I liked about this was the way you chose to narrate it. I think that it adds something unique to the piece, and makes us sympathize with the narrator's situation. :)

I think that the last stanza is my favorite, especially the lines: "But a bookworm is what she's chosen to be.

Though I really wish she'd come out and play,

Because I'd love to meet her someday."

It almost creates a sense of hope. :P

I also like the fact that it rhymes... It flows nicely, and the rhythm and meter are in sync. :D

Great job! Loved the descriptions...

Avid. Roadhouse. :D
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This was cute. From the point of view of a young child. Nice rhyme, it didn't come off forced at all.
Sarah A. W chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I love how you narrated her stroy and how

that her life is only centered around reading books.

Well she is supposed to be a bookworm after all!