Reviews for Above Water
laurenmlbc chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
You seem to do well with the depressing endings lol...saying that as a compliment, you write them well. I love how you set up the format of this one. Great job!
kynthiaphellan chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Dayum. Well-written and very real. Your writing is kind of refreshing, actually.
HighOnBrokenWings chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
OMG! I swear, I already read this, but I didn't review it for some reason...

I really love it. It's that reality check thing. It's very well done, and the use of italics was wonderful :)

Keep up the writing!
ZyggyGirl chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I don't really know what to say, except that this was an excellent, morbidly realistic piece.

The only thing that confused me was when you were referring to him as 'Mattie'. That led me to believe the character was female, at first.
A.Funeral.For.Edgar chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I liked how it was a simple story, but so nicely told :D and how the story progresses through quotes. It's neat.
Dextra chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I also like the descriptions after each line. It creates a great picture of his life. I liked the whole thing. :D
Chromcoff chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I like the description before the speech phases, and the crash caught me off guard for a moment. I liked this. :D
Kristen Wallen chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
You're a remarkbale writer. This is DEFINITELY going into my favorites! I LOVED it! Even though, this is only the third piece I'm reading for you, I think this one might be my favorite one yet! I love how it goes from when Matt was little to when he's older, I love how his emotions and feelings and insight on things change with time, as we do in reality. It does just that: It captures reality.
Mandisaurus-rex chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I seriously enjoyed how you ended this...it was subtle, and smoothe... not too hurried, not too slow. The building up was very nice... Excellent work with that ).

Oh, the beginning was good too! I didn't mean to say that your poem sucked up 'til the end 'cause it didn't! Haha, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people ruin poems with bad endings, so thank you!
ranDUMM chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Hey,

WHAT AN EPIC STORY! No, seriously, I love it so much, it's so freaking good! Your concept is like, one of the best concepts I've read for poetry, like ever, but the thing is that you wrote it so well as well :D I realise dI wrote story, btw - I meant poem.

Seriously, you're gonna go to great heights with this challenge, loved it to PIECES. GREAT STUFF Mars, love it so much :)

ranDUMM