Reviews for Tagged Dialogue
TooManySecrets chapter 1 . 3/28
Thank you so much for sharing this! I love your sense of humor. This should be a handout for students.
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 1 . 1/28
Cute. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21
Amusing. What is the way of the Pronoun?
JasmineHoran chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Interesting how you made an English lesson into a short story :)
D. M. Robb chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
This was a fun read as well as a good grammar lesson! I enjoyed the twist ending.
TheA UThor chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Krissie: Thank you. I'm pleased you enjoyed it. Using 'I' as the objective pronoun is another error that really annoys me! -Lynn
KrissieAnaMaureen chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
This was a funny fable. I love how the Grammarian explains everything the young writer asks and then punishes him for being too cocky. It made me laugh how he told him he hadn't mastered the way of the pronoun.
CalliScribbles chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Double like. I have to do this every year with my writing group when we get newbies. :)
MissFrodoBaggins chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
*chuckles* I love this guideline. It helps me a lot. Thanks!
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Author's reply:

No, you're right. The single quote mark was a goof.
Jess Megan chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Well I read the other reviews before I read this and I have to say, I disagree with them when they say that you shouldn’t have posted this here, that it doesn’t belong on fictionpress. I can see why some people might be offended because it does come across as being a little arrogant (I don’t mean to offend nor is that necessarily my opinion). I do like the idea and I think it’s a clever way of teaching that to people. I did notice one little error, though:

“"Why does he keep his opinions to himself?" asked the girl.' “

The little apostrophe after girl shouldn’t be there, should it? There wasn’t another one so there really wasn’t a need for a closing one.
Dryad7 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I could not find anything incorrect in this, so I am, unfortunately, going to administer some ego fluff:

Every writer on Fictionpress should read this.
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 2 . 8/29/2010
If the reader has visited my profile, she will be aware that I favor open replies to open reviews. Here are two replies:

'...merely a grammar lesson that anyone can learn in school.' Not everyone has learned it. My most frequent corrections concern the punctuation of dialogue. If you haven't noticed any errors, I can only assume you don't review the same stories I do. '...post it on your profile ...' The full table, including dialogue sentences between narrative sentences, is posted on my profile.

'Find a grammar site and enlighten everyone...' It is unlikely that anyone visiting a grammar site needs the lesson. Some '...aspiring fiction writers..' posting here do. '...useful...' Yes, since the hits for this story consistently outnumber the visitors, I assume most people who look at this do find it useful.
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
This is posted on my profile.
bookwormgrl101 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Um.. I'm confused. Isn't this a site for fiction stories? If so, then why did you post this up here? This clearly isn't fiction, but merely a grammar lesson that anyone can learn in school. I get the fact that not everyone writes well, but come on! IF you so desperatley want to remind people of the proper rules of dialogue, post it on your profile or something. Don't post it as a story, seeing as it's not on.