Reviews for The Dark Of Night
jikap chapter 55 . 6/12/2012
This is a good story, well worth the read. :)

There were some gaps between chapters, especially before the last chapter. But by the looks of it, there used to be 60 chapters to this, rather than 55.

I did manage to find chapter 59 on your Deviant-art (WarriorNGoddess) though, and at least filled the most glaring gap. ;

(Though I kind of wish I'd be able to read it before finishing chapter 60. :p )
freak-joy-spastic chapter 55 . 5/29/2012
It took me forever, but I finally got it all read. Despite some places where the flow felt off or things got confusing this piece remained grippingly interesting all the way through. So few write anything on drow I'm pleased you could do such a wonderful piece. It may not have been what I was expecting at first but I didn't give up on it and I'm glad. Thank you for your adition to the collection of drow tales and much wishes of luck to your future fics. bye bye
Camoes chapter 55 . 5/5/2012
Some general comments about the story as a whole:

There are some grammatical errors that occur throughout the story with regard to verb tense.

Some of the chapter transitions seem to be quite disjointed and the reader is left wondering what happened between one chapter and the next. (This last chapter is a good example). How did Giselle die? Did Raevid kill her, out of duty to Lloth, and if so, how did he avoid Banth who knew nothing other than duty to his queen? These gaps can make the plot hard to follow.

Also for someone with no background in the races of Forgotten Realms or other fantasy games (I had to look them up with Google) it could have been useful to give a bit of mention of the world the story is set in in the story summary, as I didn't look at author details till after I'd read the story.

To your credit, you did quite well describing drow, although it took me a while into the story to work out exactly who and what they were, but considering I knew nothing about them until I started reading, good work describing them, and the underdark.

Although this wasn't a 'nice' as in light and happy story, some of the characters were interesting.

Eff although a horrible character was interesting as a drow with strong emotions even if he only knew pleasure and hatred mixed together.

Raevid seems mostly devoted to his duty throughout, however he shows character development as he struggles to come to terms with human emotions, although in the end it's hard to know how far his emotions developed and whether he acted out of duty all along.

Banth seems to be almost Eff's opposite. He is young enough to seem to respond and embrace new emotions and ideas more readily than his elders although he is bewildered by what he observes. He seems to grasp that it is possible to be a great warrior yet still adopt some more 'human' qualities and comes across as the most likeable of the drow.

Giselle of course has to adapt the most as she is thrust into an unfamiliar world. In a long and convoluted way, this whole thing is her coming of age story, and it's interesting to see her go from a self-centred teen to start using her abilities for the benefit of others, and gain confidence and courage along the way. It's good that she doesn't become too 'perfect' and shows lapses back into her former self at times, as that makes her more realistic.

I don't know whether Mirro is entirely your own creation based on races from Forgotten Realms or whether it's part of those worlds, so you will know the answer better than I do on this one, but Lloth seems to be less evil in your story than she is supposedly meant to be, as she actually allows a human to create some relative peace and harmony among drow. There's nothing wrong with this from the point of view of a story and world if you've only based it loosely on Forgotten Realms, but if it's supposed to be a reflection of those worlds, maybe the ending is a bit nice? (even though I prefer it that way, to finishing with Giselle simply being murdered to appease a maelevolent goddess once her role is fulfilled.)
Earthling Queen chapter 55 . 5/2/2012
This was really good. I just finished it yesterday, after not being able to put it down for days. The only comment I might give is the the chapter transitions. Although the chapters themselves are great, there were gaps in time between some of them (the last two especially) that I thought could've added to.
dr3 chapter 26 . 4/1/2012
Words fail. What a sick, evil, twisted totally mad monster was Eff. Though one of many. Mind-blowing.. wicked.
dr3 chapter 18 . 4/1/2012
What a great sexy adventure ;p
Shanaye chapter 60 . 3/21/2012
Amazing story I read through this all in two days and was a bit skeptical at first if I would enjoy it or not, but it turned into something I didn't want to put down, very well written as well. Thank you for the story.
Van Quatra chapter 60 . 2/11/2012
holy crap, that was a great story. i enjoyed this very much, great job and keep up the pure awesome work.
Kirstie chapter 60 . 1/15/2012
Excellent story, excellent characters, excellent everything. Thank you so much for sharing your gift and I'm so glad I found this to read!
The Imagination Addict chapter 60 . 11/22/2011
yay! i kinda figured once the sacrifice was revealed that she'd simply become a proper drowess physically. xD i really like banth... and twitch!
The Imagination Addict chapter 31 . 11/21/2011
heeheehee omg when she kisses him... and his hair stands... this is the best kiss scene ever! xD
Ayla chapter 60 . 9/9/2011
A fantastic story. Thank you for the pleasure of reading it. :)
Chuck chapter 60 . 9/4/2011
I really like your story. The only thing that I noticed was the word woman was mispelled multiple times. The other stories do not seem to be complete yet. Will you update them soon?

Chuck
Kara P chapter 60 . 7/21/2011
I love it! I didnt expect that, so it makes me love it more! :)
Guest chapter 60 . 7/18/2011
NIce ending :) I seriously didn't see that coming o_o DIdn't think Lloth would be that generous
128 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »