Reviews for Alcohol Life
thewhimsicalbard chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
I loved this, man! This is easily one of the best pieces of yours that I've ever read. Of all of the devices that you made use of, the best was the capitalization of Alcohol. That was super strong, almost a deification of the concept of being a drunkard. It's great stuff, you dig?

It was also cool that your language and voice changed throughout. The tripping-stumbling-ridiculous drunk in the beginning becomes sober by the end of the poem, and develops a hangover. I'm impressed by your work here. Everything had great flow, though I think you would have done well to make this poem a little bit longer, just so that you had more space in which to emphasize the different states of the speaker's inebriation - it would also give you more opportunity to make the transitions between his states more subtle and flowing.

It's wonderful to hear from you! Hope you're doing well and everything. If you didn't see it, I edited Aqua Vitae. Take another look at it to see if it's more clear. If not, I'll definitely give you a narrative rendition of the story. Also, if you take a look at it after midnight tonight, you should go and vote for me in the WCC!

Keep up the good work!

-thewhimsicalbard
name redacted chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
This seems like an accurate, and interesting, comparison. Haven't heard that one before. Once again, love the flow and rhyming, although the content of the ending doesn't seem to fit exactly with the rest of the poem (could be just me, because it's after midnight). Still, great poem. Wonder how it sounds slammed.