Reviews for Cinders
Elber of Torou chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
This was brilliant. A perfect touch of realism to something cynics have been complaining about for years.

Ideas aside, I think you've put this together quite well. Good diction, good structuring, this is just generally well-written. Good job. 5/5
breethewriter chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I've fallen in love with this. Parts of it remind me of the Clerk's Tale in Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales"- the parts where Cinderella, the peasant, is taken to the castle and disrobed remind me of the way Grisildis is treated in "Canterbury Tales."

The spin on this fairy tale is what makes it work. It's so much darker than what we're left to imagine when the tale of Cinderella and her prince which we know is all wrapped up, and that's a gigantic part of why I like it so much. The fact that you allowed Cinderella to be better than her "superiors," to be more brave and more worthy of the high esteem given to the aristocratic class is what makes this story what it is.

I honestly don't understand why you don't have more reviews on your work, because I think it's lovely.
Lynx Tiger chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
This is an interesting take on Cinderella. I can see this happening since a commoner might a lot braver than a woman groomed to marry and be perfect and be stylish. It's an interesting view and I loved the story. The detailing was perfect, and the characters were intriguing.

It's a spin that I liked alot.

Loved it,

Lynx

P.S: Adding it to favorites.