Reviews for Skinny
Former Anorexic chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
This made me feel like I was choking.
I don't think there's higher praise for this than that.
Chillingly perfect.
I hope your friend gets better!
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Hey, I am here to share some great news. This story has been added to the Poetry archive over on A Drop of Romeo!

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: I think I have mentioned before how much I adore poetry that show us the author's vulnerabilities or allow us a glance
into their lives and this is definitely delivered with “Skinny” by Autumn's Addiction. This is a poem that details their friend's struggle with anorexia nervosa and I think it's beautifully written. Autumn's Addiction has used fantastic vocabulary that helps paint the picture of what they are seeing when they see their friend. It's a jumble of really short sentences to really long ones which makes you almost sense that this poem could be how they would approach the conversation with their friend, rushed and frantic, so that they could understand what they are doing to themselves. However, the most powerful thing about this poem is the layout. Autumn's Addiction has centred the entire text in one long thin stanza which really hits home about the context. You may not know anyone struggling with anoxeria nervosa but this poem still hits a nerve with the reader and we find ourselves hoping that Autumn's Addiction won the battle."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
holly chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
quite simply put, beautiful. it felt suffocating even as i read it in my own head. brilliant stuff, really.
bananayogurt chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
despite the circumstances, this is a beautiful poem.
Chaos Apple chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Beautifully done. The way you've formatted this poem lends it an almost manic energy. It sounds desperate. Absolutely stunning.