Reviews for Past Tense
lipleaf chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I love how you've managed to take something that could easily be humorous and flippant and turn it into something meaningful. The thought behind this poem is simple and yet so intriguing, and you've managed to express it well. I like the way it starts out somewhat light-hearted and then you come out with the meaning of the poem. This was a very interesting and (I feel) original idea, which is definitely a breath of fresh air. You kept things simple, which I think works best for this kind of piece. Nice job.
SoKowaii chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Wow! That was so cool! I was such an idiot and I didn't get it at first (surprisingly I'm not a blonde... though I felt like that for a short second) I just have to say I really love the '(tense)' at the end, it made me go "OH! I GET IT!" Seriously, that was so great and it was straight to the point, great poem!
rockettwriter4 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
good. i tend to lean towards the medium length poems. too long is just annoying and let's face it, starts getting cheesy, but shorter poems like this are great because they get the message across without being tacky. i loved it! topics like this one are touchy and should not be sacrificed for the sake of rhyme or length. :)

i'd love to read more from you!
thewhimsicalbard chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I love the thought behind this poem. The idea itself seems so small and passable, but you managed to communicate it clearly and concisely, with a poem that flowed well. There are some people who think that vulgar language cheapens poetry, but I disagree; I personally think it makes it more real, and it immediately makes the speaker a thousand times less haughty.

Good work on this poem. I rather like it. It's nothing that has changed my life, but I would be on here nonstop every single day if every poem I read was at least as enjoyable as this one.

Keep it up, and thank you so much for the two reviews!

-thewhimsicalbard
rayefire1990 chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I really really like this, I dunno what it is about this, but it gives me chills, Excellent work!
DiaRose chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Aww, that's really cute. I really like the sweet little rhythm scheme here. Good job :) and thanks for all the reviews

Love,

Dia
greenforests chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Wow, I felt this. I sometimes feel like I'm living in the past as well. Great work.
toMORROWacshuly chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I really like this! It made me laugh even though i'm not entirely sure it was supposed to. That and it's actually true. Great job!