Reviews for Marcel in Dreamscapes
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
That was beautifully crafted. Great job, I loved it.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
"Willows pawing." Excellent verb choice.

"Learning to breathe symbiotically." A fascinating line.

"Howls billowing." Beautiful.

"God doesn't exist today." What a striking line. I found it rather hhonest, actually; not sad, just honest.

"Isolde stands nude." I know you like Isolde. This allusion works well here. :)
in theory chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
There's something about breathing symbiotically that signifies a different kind of releationship. No longer just lovers, or friends... I found this a little slow-starting, it began for me with the line 'the way a song tastes after you get sick of it'. Mm so much to consider about that, and a lovely play on words too.

That penultimate stanza is fascinating, though I confess I am clueless about the Isolde and Marcel references. I forget history and classical things too quickly. Lesson learned, 'just to affirm that God doesn't exist today' is another ingenious line.

I feel a bit in limbo myself after reading this. Not a problem though, I quite enjoy the sensation.

More!

Jack
YasuRan chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I really liked the last line about Isolde

'Isolde stands nude, skin cracking into veins in the corner of my dark room, pointing jealously -'

Not only is the image gorgeous but it actually ties in the whole story together. Beneath the soft gentle layers of city life, there is a woman in need of comfort and Marcel is her source.

I think.