Reviews for Insecurities of a Featherpen
Lyra Kaji chapter 5 . 3/7/2011
I hope my reviewing technique works, because I'm doing it again. Here goes.

I like the bit about neon-colored pigs. Amusing.

It's because he's a non-writer now, you non-psychic! Gosh, Kev, you need to become psychic and help your friend with his insecurity issues.

Kevin is a great character. He seems very real.

Angela and Kevin are siblings? Oh...plot twist! (I actually had no idea they were related. Did you allude to that earlier? That is really funny for some reason.)
Lyra Kaji chapter 4 . 3/7/2011
If this review makes zero sense, it's because I'm writing it as I'm reading the chapter, so that you get my impressions and thoughts, in order, as I think them. I might add a summary at the end.

Response to A/N: Mood-tainted plots can work. (Edgar Allen Poe is an extreme example...and, so is Shakespeare, with all his sonnets. They're two of the greatest poets in the English language, and their writing was entirely dependent on their moods. Edgar was depressed. Surely us normal (sort of) people can deal with a bit of self-writing hating? And, remember, you are mocking yourself. So, really, thinking you stink probably gives you great ideas, in this scenario.)

First bit: Was he checking his story stats? Because that would be sad...that is...assuming this scene is made up, and I could somehow communicate with fictional characters, and they'd know who I was... But anyway...that was also depressingly amusing. Poor Featherpen. Not a great start to a day...not at all...geez he was half-sleep-talking. He didn't even get a chance to defend himself! Poor guy. :(

I love his dog, high maintenance and all.

When he had been writing. Poor guy. START WRITING AGAIN!

Even going nowhere, this is great. And I don't think it's going nowhere as is. I like this chapter. I'm sort of missing the fictionpress references, but then...as a declared nonwriter, he can't go checking fictionpress, can he? Or can he...
Lyra Kaji chapter 3 . 3/7/2011
Oh, I love self-parody.

Brunei? Once...the only hits I got were from Brunei. It confused me. Nice job with the stat-obsession...we've all done that...(I hope. Or maybe I'm girly Featherpen. Dunno.)

Also...is Featherpen is pen name? Because I'm going to assume it isn't his real name (I should have posted that on the prior chapters.)

And how is it that he hasn't found his drunken post yet? Surely he's checked his email...and drunk posts would probably get flames...(you'd think. But then...you know...eye melting...sadly, I'm serious. You never know what's likely to be reviewed on this site.)

But otherwise (all my criticisms really pertain to the last chapters) I really enjoyed this chapter. Featherpen is really gullible (sorry...I need to stop critiquing Featherpen) and he's such a great character (unlike most self-insertion). I hope he gets back on his feet soon. His world is going downhill. But, of course, in the most amusing ways possible.
Lyra Kaji chapter 2 . 3/7/2011
Response to author's note: Well, I'm sure glad he's a persistent guy. He's my favorite! YAY Featherpen.

His friends have very realistic dialog. The drunk slurring sounds realistic when said out loud, but I'm not sure I love all the extra letters. It looks like a bit much. The scene itself is very amusing, though.

Oh, dear. Drunk fictionpress additions. (Never written one, but I've heard stories...)

I'm feeling that the Featherpen concept of forbidden inspiration is affecting you. I'm glad of it. Featherpen is cool.
Lyra Kaji chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
The author's note is hilarious (although, come to think of it, it really shouldn't be...but it is.)

I can really relate to this guy. I've had this experience also...what's really weird is when all the hits are from somewhere really obscure...

POOR FEATHERPEN!

This is extremely enjoyable. The descriptions are very well done and cohesive; this is darkly amusing, but relatable, and I have to say that I'm laughing my head off at his misfortunes while pitying him at the same time. His insecurities are endearing, which is difficult (at least for me) to achieve. I find it interesting that his insecurities about writing are beginning to carry over into the rest of his life as well. The physical descriptions are perfect- they leave you with a clear picture of not only what the guy actually looks like, but what his worst idea of what he thinks he looks like, all without being overly descriptive. I think it's definitely a piece people on here will be able to relate to.

Featherpen is awesome. (Again, if this is self-insertion, excuse my awkwardness; I just like this character a lot. He's pitiable, without being obnoxious, whiney, or otherwise exceedingly annoying.)
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
He, it seems like you were trying to spread a message. xD :)

I like the idea, actually, it was very to-the-point and the name Feather pen was even better.

Gray eyes - cooler.

It should be Fictionpress, no fiction press, but other than that, great idea, and excellent work!

StoryMonster

*Could you please repay my review via Your's Truly, an Indian Pessimist, preferably the 5th chapter? And be sure to read my author's note!
phon chapter 4 . 2/15/2011
I like this a lot so far and I think your writing has improved since the first chapter. Featherpen is growing on me, I hope he can learn to write for himself and not just for reviews. Now to read the rest :) Keep it up!
JuniperRhose chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Poor Featherpen. Not getting reviews (but seeing that people read it) sucks. Good luck dealing with writer's block and soap film!