Reviews for Latin Class Heroes
K. Ruby chapter 18 . 3/1/2012
I haven't reviewed in so long, haha. I actually haven't had time to read this for a while but I was looking at your blog (I am actually in the middle of lecture . . . boring lecture that I always do other homework during) and found that I actually had "time" to read it. This is probably one of my favorite chapters you've written of this so far. I've missed reading LCH, my dear, haha. Keep writing 3
justanothercollegekid chapter 2 . 11/4/2011
Holy crap, I'm only on the second chapter and this already sounds like my Latin class! ALl you need are some Mythic Warriors (a kids cartoon about mythology-google it) and you have my class down to the same LAtin books every year!

MAy the force be with you

-jedichild
shadowhound141 chapter 13 . 7/4/2011
I love you so much right now. Updates make me happy :)
shadowhound141 chapter 12 . 2/14/2011
I was actually going to yell at you to update this week. I guess I don't have to anymore. Anyway, I loved this details and descriptions were amazing. Good work, maybe I'll be nice to you tomorrow...or not.
musicalstardrop chapter 8 . 11/17/2010
I know absolutely no Latin, and I am definitely leaving this for Kaija, Stephanie, Elena, and assorted others to read over for errors. If it were Spanish, I'd be able to check. But it's not.

Oh, and I know you said that the dash didn't show up in the chapter title (I-VI), but shouldn't it be from Prologue to Chapter VI? Because you do have the prologue translated here too...
musicalstardrop chapter 7 . 11/17/2010
I'm sorry it has taken me a couple of days to review; I couldn't really get to the computer. And I apologize for this long review filled with corrections and a question or two.

I know you don't like semi-colons, but seriously, you keep using colons in their place, and it doesn't work.

Oh, and another thing that I noticed a long time ago and fixed myself in the prologue and Chapter I, but never mentioned to you: when you have characters speaking, their dialogue should end with a comma, not a period, when you add "he said" or something like that afterwords. And then you don't have to capitalize the "he" in "he said" or whatever. For example:

"Don't throw it." He said, a warning barely concealed in his voice.

should be

"Don't throw it," he said, a warning barely concealed in his voice.

Of course, when you used question marks and exclamation points, it's fine. I never mentioned this before because I figured I'd just let it go, but it's starting to bug me. You know how I am.

"There was another long silence and he stared at the ceiling, hoping that Jupiter himself would finally see fit to strike him dead with a lightening bolt, the same thing he always wished before he told a new group of Muses that they were everything that they were not, told them to change into what the world wanted them to be and that there was no choice outside of dying." - First of all, "lightning." Secondly, this is a run-on sentence.

" 'Yes' what?" Selina demanded. - You don't need the extra space between the first quotation mark and the first quotation mark within the quotation.

"Did I spell it out slow enough for you?" - "slowly," I think.

"It was a familiar setting, she noticed, hearing a faint strain of music coming from near by." - "nearby" is one word.

"Selina was even polite to the red head." - "redhead" is one word.

"But I know its right! I am good at this!" - "it's"

"Twenty-six voice began talking at once and Selina closed her book." - "voices"

"It just is no there. There was no need to have it so, there was never a need to record the Muses at all." - "not" in the first sentence. And the second sentence confuses me. I think it's the placement of the comma, but I may be wrong.

I have a question: when did Keiko switch to eighth period? I remember Elena saying, "I'll be coming to eighth period now; art got switched to second," but did that apply to Keiko as well? Because she's only in the same class as Annie and Selina in Chapter I and that confused me.

Oh, and you started out LCH by typing "Kristen," but somewhere along the way, you switched it to "Kristin," and now I'm really confused. I think you switched in the middle of Chapter I or something.

Alright, I think that's it. Thank you so much for this chapter, Emily!
shadowhound141 chapter 8 . 11/16/2010
Google translator?

I'm ashamed of you. I know some words do not translate back to latin, but some words that do were not translated (like student).

I should give this chapter to Mr. P and ask him to help me translate it. I wonder what he would say... *evil grin*
musicalstardrop chapter 6 . 11/1/2010
Emily, you're really doing well with keeping up with writing! I, on the other hand, have not written a single word. Unless "Chapter 1" counts (and it doesn't).

Anyway, I realize that my reviews have mainly been just corrections. SO, I am going to change that this time and actually comment on some things, like I do with Cinnamon! Although the comments will be intermixed with the corrections. But everything's in the order that they appear in the story, like always.

"Annie and Elena were already uncoordinated enough, keeping them safe would be a chore." - HAHA, IT'S TRUE. Okay, I'll shut up now. I'm uncoordinated too.

"Eunkyoung turned around to find Annie flailing for balance and waited patiently for her to all on her face, which she did not a second later." - Maybe there should be a comma between "did" and "not"? Because at first, I read it differently. But I remember this game! We haven't played it for a while. Or should I say we only played it a few times?

"Annie read hers and looked like she might cry and Selina swallowed hard and choked as burning coffee went down her throat: maybe his timing had been a little off on that one…" - Nice going, Mr. P. Making Annie almost cry and Selina choke.

"there was not one of them that despised doing the verb and noun practiced he set for them, believing them a waste of time and energy." - "practice," not "practiced." And wait, does that sentence make sense? That not one of them despised doing the work, but they thought it was a waste of time and energy?

"She snuck out of the crowd and managed somehow to wiggle out of the mass and down the hall, heading off the to ensemble room to get her cello." - Haha, "the to ensemble room." You must have typing really quickly.

"Selina's coffee had long ago been finished, it being seventy period already, and she was not in the mood to have Annie this excited over a guy that had been dead for centuries." - Haha, "seventy period." I think you can figure that one out.

"Oh, sorry…it's gonna suck again this year, maybe its better that you don't associate your good musical name with that crappy ensemble." - It should be "it's better."

"She poled her friend with a pencil, motioning to Kristin that she was fine when the Asian girl made a concerned face: Annie did not like pity of any kind." - "poked." And no more pity for you, then. Although, really, it's not pity, but concern. There's a difference...right?

"Actually, how anyone could not love Thomas Jefferson." - Umm, question mark at the end, I think?

"These northerners were far to narrow-minded and hostile for TJ." - "too," not "to." And I'm sorry we're too narrow-minded and hostile, Emily. -_-

"I have something important to tell you, just please, believe me." - Ooh, we're getting to the good part! Not that everything up til now hasn't been good. 'Cause it has. You know what I mean, don't you?

Thank you for the chapter!
K. Ruby chapter 6 . 11/1/2010
I sense epicness in the next update. I just do, okay? & I love all the teacher's names, as you know.
K. Ruby chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
I appreciate the clarification~ LCH makes me happy. Just thought I'd let you know. And now I'm off to read the next chapter.
Hehe-Blixie chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
haha i think selina sounds like two of my friends...lol
musicalstardrop chapter 5 . 10/30/2010
YAY, ANOTHER CHAPTER! Wow, Emily, you're doing really well in updating! That makes this little Americanized Asian very happy. )

"The steel door rattled in the wind tunnel that was the small gym entrance and Rich slid his fingers under the seam where the door had dented on something, leaving a gap where one could slip in note, food, or, in this case, fingers." - Either "a note" or "notes."

"Elena quickly laced her shoes, not wanting to be the last one in the locker room, and dared out the door, running into someone in the process." - "darted"

"Elena had made sure to double-check their location their period before." - I think it makes more sense to say "the period before."

"The three looked at the blocks, flush against the wall, and at the inched marked." - I think you meant "inches."

"It was no really fair that the blocked added twelve inches: getting a twelve meant that you could reach you toes without issue." - "not," "blocks" or "block," and "your"

"Aww, but getting kicked out it a team effort!" - "is"

I KNOW WHO THE OTHER FIVE ARE! -coughs- Anyway...thank you for the update!
Hehe-Blixie chapter 4 . 10/29/2010
copy orgies...haha
Hehe-Blixie chapter 3 . 10/29/2010
:) they have a costumes room...this makes me happy :D
Hehe-Blixie chapter 2 . 10/29/2010
haha that poor teacher XD

this is hilarious i love it :)