Reviews for The House
YasuRan chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I read a lot of good descriptions on this site but yours always have this certain effect - 'blood once ripped through the body of another'

Ahh, why can't I be as cool as you?
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
"chocking ghosts"... choking? shocking?

I really like this. (I so say this in all of my reviews to you, don't I?). Anyway, the part about the ghosts was my favorite. It was really powerful. I also like the "what" part. The repetition worked really well.

PS Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile)
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
[The winter moves across the body of the house in intoxicating gasps of slow shock] Amazing opening line.

[chocking ghosts] *choking*

The last stanza is my favorite. I like the image of an "egg-shell horizon," as well as analogy of people as houses, "solitary like so many other city blocks."

I wasn't really able to interpret a decent meaning for the poem. The metaphors are mostly lost on me. The "country kitchens" and "hot bread" and "boiling water" all seem so specific that I was unable to zoom out far enough to see what the house actually stands for. I just see ... a house. But maybe I'm just trying to read too deep into it and find hidden meanings where there aren't any. I don't know.

I liked the poem, though, mainly for the great imagery.
Ayx chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Brilliant work.
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This was simply beautiful. Not too long, not to short, beautifully and simplistically crafted and just lovely.

what love is,

what life is,

what this house is.

I liked that little bit there most of all :)

Great job.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
The first line was completely captivating and I loved it! The rest of the poem is also amazng. Lovely word choice as always and poignant ideas.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
"The house has always steeped itself in cold light." Beautiful. It sounds like a home I'd like to live in.

"Inhabitants moving in echoes." Like resounding music. Stunning!

"Every door is equipped with a scullery maid." Ahah. Brilliant and haunting.