Reviews for Diction
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Very nice. I thought you had more work, did you delete some?
Chesterfield chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
I didn't even know what to do about this. I looked at the wordcount and was utterly skeptical, thinking nothing could be accomplished with so few letters involved.

And then there was this. Very simple, very effective. There are countless ways to interpret these words and to literally expand on them as well. I do wonder if fictionpress's rigid standards of formating played any part in limiting any more creative use of space.

Greay job. :)
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Oh this is lovely, I really like the formatting.

" their reality"

I really like the use of the word their, like you have your own world you want to be in.

I really enjoyed this. Nicely written :)
Delphina Valitrix chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I always begin poetry reviews with a disclaimer:

I absolutely suck at interpreting poetry. I am in no means an expert, which is why I don't write any.

Now that that's been said...

What this means to me is that writing frees someone's thoughts and emotions. The phrase "escape their reality", to me, suggests that the "language" allows the writer to break free from other people's ("their") ideas of normalcy.

Now, if this is the case, I think it would be really interesting to see you do a series of poems exploring all the things writing does for people. For example, it can be very therapeutic, it can help spread ideas...

I'd really like to see where you go with this.
Launo chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Like the reviewer before me said, it's short and sweet.

I love it.
rockettwriter4 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
short and sweet. love it.
thewhimsicalbard chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I like that you could either see the word "their" as the conglomerate of languages (be they concrete kinds, like Spanish and English; or, a more abstract kind of language), or as the nameless "their," like The Man or something.

Sorry, I tried to make an intelligent review here, but it did not work at all...

Thanks for your review!

-thewhimsicalbard
greenforests chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
This poem was so quick, like shooting flashes across my mind. A great effect. Good work :)
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
What you have here made me think that the language itself has its own escapes,, like any human. I like how it has a life of its own. Keep up the good work.

Much love,