Reviews for At Long Odds
happyeverafter chapter 44 . 11/18/2010
I really enjoyed this story. You got the gift of story telling:-D The plot is great and interesting. Things move on, but not in a hurried manner. Julien and Ginny are just lovely characters and you also managed to make a whole bunch of secondary characters who seems very real. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Kissed By The Shadows chapter 44 . 10/31/2010
Wow. This story was amazing. Definately kept me entertained in class. Great Job!
Shriken chapter 44 . 10/27/2010
This is certainly interesting. I never expected to find a love story based on horse racing here in . It always seemed to be a site mostly strewn with hormonal teenagers and supernatural creatures for characters. This was a very happy surprise for me though. I felt quite nostalgic. I went through a huge horse craze when I was in elementary, making my mother buy me horse books whenever I got perfect grades on quizzes and tests. Even now, I still have some love for the creatures, although I currently prefer fantastical monsters. In fact, I still have my first book called the Godolphin Arabian. I loved it, as well as another one called The Black. There was a movie based on that one. There was a time when I could reel off all different types of horses from my head.

I guess would've liked to have seen some of the characteristics of the horses, like what their pedigree was, how many hands they reached, and other special traits. Other than that, this was very nice.

Good Work.
ShrimpoJewels chapter 44 . 10/3/2010
Aw this was great. I read it in one sitting, I'm glad it ended this way.
summers-end chapter 44 . 10/2/2010
You did such a great job here! It's a wonderful story and I enjoyed reading it greatly. I can't wait for this sequel you're promising! I read a bunch of horse-books when I was a kid and always loved them and I'm really happy to find they're still being written (and well!).

summers-end
red-is-my-color chapter 43 . 8/27/2010
I finally found someone song

*i'm addicted right now song of the month

*it's on repeat

*because of you this is the only song i listen while the whole story (actually starting from the ball where you first mention this. imagine it for 3 days straight

*this is my song when i work out... i know weird

oh well you have a nice story! I've gained some knowledge about horses... i always look up horse racing on youtube to see and pretend that it is Caspian... VERY UNIQUE concept of story and setting. thats the reason i chose to read this it is not a high school, business or city setting stories... and reading this makes me want to ride or OWN a horse..
red-is-my-color chapter 44 . 8/27/2010
oh shit i just finished it.. hahah this is good... i choose to read this than do my homework... i love it nice!
Mon7y chapter 44 . 8/26/2010
Wow that amazingly good. Awesome job :-)
President Booty chapter 44 . 8/25/2010
I just read this entire story today. I loved the character. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed Ginny and Julien's relationship and I loved the element of horse racing.

Congrats on putting together a great story.
A random reader chapter 44 . 8/20/2010
Great story! I finished reading the entire thing in two days. I always like the whole rivals becoming soulmates theme. I also love how descriptive the narration is. I look forward to reading more of your writing!
Garneau chapter 43 . 8/20/2010
Hi there again,

I know I reviewed Keeping the Peace and am now conveniently reviewing this one after your response, but I swear that I had intended to review this one from the start.

I found this story through your profile and the above work. I have to be honest, I really loved it.

I thought the characters were wonderfully developed and thought out. Ginny and Julien were very similar in that they both worked hard and put every fibre of their being in to their work, which consequently was their life. I liked the French perks of Julien and Ginny’s very British mannerisms. The chemistry between the two characters was carefully thought out and executed. I really enjoyed the pent up tension between the two.

I thought the family life was very well written. The relationship between Ginny and her father was so close and it was evident in her bonding whilst watching the horse races. There wasn’t much interaction between Ginny and her mother, but considering what the theme the story was centred around there wasn’t much need for it. Still I wouldn’t have minded seeing the more of Ginny’s bond with her mother. Her brother Ray was also similar to his mother in terms of appearances, but I think the times that you did mention him were detailed and spread out consistently, satisfy his involvement in the story.

As for horsiness in this story, it is richer than Keeping the Peace. However, I did not find it over whelming at all. I thought it was really enlightening about the competitive horse world.

I really like your style of writing. It is difficult to achieve the balance between too much and too little description, and I found that you maintained the symmetry.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of writing,

I look forward to reading more of your work,

Garneau.
lipsalldevilred chapter 36 . 8/19/2010
This is a great story with minimal grammar errors. Please keep writing ]

In this particular chapter, though, I felt the jump from friends to lovers was too quick. I expected her to realize she really liked him. I was a little bit surprised that she realized she loved him already.

But yay! they kissed. Julien is so sexy.
morexforxme chapter 44 . 8/19/2010
Yay for happy endings! That was one of the best stories I've read on FP in a while. Maybe you could write an epilogue?

morexforxme
EmmaWoodhouse88 chapter 44 . 8/17/2010
It was amazing. I had a thought that they should start training together. lol. I'm soloing to read the story about his sister. I can't wait till you have it out!
Jevanminx chapter 44 . 8/17/2010
OMG, I love this ending, just perfect, though I am sad to see it go I will admit.

JM