Reviews for The Lake
person is gone chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I thought I'd reviewed this already... but anyway, it's a beautiful poem :) The imagery really brings everything to live, your sister to life... it portrays the image of youthful innocence and surprising depths rather wonderfully.
scharlie18 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I love this. Really beautiful. Great word choice, the stanzas and the lines are both broken up very well, and I love the "come higher" bits.

I have a six year old sister, and this perfectly describes her. Boy, the stories I have where she would say something, do something that would force us to sit back and re-analyze how much we thought she new. You really don't realize how much they pick up on.
Thetis of White Isle chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Definitely one of the better poems I've seen around here, though admittedly poetry is something I struggle with. I like the water metaphors that you've created in here. I literally feel like I've been plunged into another world, and then I remember where I am and what this is about. Thank you for sharing...

Um...one tip. You left your header on the poem. It's a bit distracting, and not a good idea to leave things like that out. Just a head's up.
AmintawithaRose chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I love the metaphor you used. Very creative.