Reviews for Daniel
ivyfurl chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
I'm about to get my first boyfriend.

I don't know what to do with him yet, either.

It's totally not the same thing at all.

But I think I have the general gist of what it feels like.

Not as much an inspiring piece as it is a thoughtful one, though I consider the latter as being more important. I believe it teaches more of a lesson - maybe not to others, but to yourself.

Read back on this piece when you've got it figured out.

-Abby
xenolith chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Oh my goodness. There were parts of this that just melted me. Seriously! You are wonderful.

'I feel so needy, jealous of your dreams, a world without me in it. I want you to be with me all the time' - that is intense, but I like how up front she is about it. Actually, the whole thing is intense. The repition of 'I love you' seemed to me that she was saying it to herself as a way of reasoning, that the changes don't matter becayse she loves him, she loves him... it takes it to another level, I think.

The paragraph at the end about the possibility of her life was a great way to end. I liked the 'I'm not sure what to do with you' line, especially after all this description of love, need, obsession even. Threw it all into a spin, not quite uncertaintly but a quiet, content contemplation. Ah, I can't explain myself. Just know that I loved it :)
Devon Pitlor chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Katie,

Just read this. It has been a long time since I have been able to read much of anyone's work here. Very introspective and real. A real problem is enclosed within the storyline. What IS she going to do with him? And he with her? Is this the beginning of a long formal union, or just a few months of comfort? The details are stunning too. I could relate to the author even though I am male. I felt her confusion. All I could think was that I'm glad I'm not young anymore and starting over in some relationship because they really do sound too confusing to bother with, but I never noticed that when I was young and just plunged in without thinking. For some reason the story a strong reaction on me. I suppose this is good, at least from the author's perspective. The final line haunts me, really. Liked the whole thing. I'll be back to read what I've missed of yours. Your future is still in words and writing. Not any of that other stuff mentioned. Of course the character is not you, is she? I hope not anyway.

Devon
Creeping Collarbones chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I feel so needy, jealous of your dreams, a world without me in it.- I like this. Dreams are intriguing, but somewhat frightening in a way.

This was really sweet, and emotional.

I enjoyed reading it. (: