Reviews for Neck
static shakedown chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Wow this is so intense, a nervous giggle escaped after I was done reading, ha ha.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
LOL, I'd love to see you write a bit of straight-up erotica. You have such a unique way of describing sex in ways I've never heard. Never do you settle for the tired old clich├ęs.

I wouldn't quite describe your sexual lyrics as love-making. They are passionate, but in a different way. This isn't the first sexual poem of yours with cannibalistic undertones. Your sex imagery is intense. You paint sex as more than just an experience- it's a sacrifice, an offering. (In real life I bet you never just lie there and let the guy do all the work.) The sex in this poem reminds me of, like, some weird ritual from ancient times.

[The sentence of my body, / waiting as an ellipses on the page] I freakin' LOVE this analogy.

[. . . you / tongue the surface of me as though / you could pull my intestines up / through the skin and feast on the / raw meat therein.] Insanely vivid imagery. It seems like such a violent act, but in this context, you actually make it sound EXCITING and AROUSING to have someone pull out my intestines and "feast on them."

Not the deepest poem in the world, pretty straight-forward, but amazing nevertheless.
Ayx chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Intense image.

I love the line

The sentence of my body.

Ayx
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
A beautiful kiss.
IzumiKaede chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
The comparison of a body to a sentence is brilliant.

I love your work :)
sunshower chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Wow. This poem is fantastic. The words evoke such powerful and vivid imagery, I really felt displaced into the situation.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
A nice seductive undercurrent of vindictiveness running through this. Masochism much? ;)

Really liked this line: 'The sentence of my body, waiting as an ellipses on the page' Probably because I love ellipses(es?) and reading about anything being compared to one is... love.

The last bit's a killer as well.

Nice.
The Immoralist chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
i always enjoy your poems so much. and it's like you never have a drought - you're always just getting better. this is so good it hurts.