Reviews for Deciding On Love
Octoberly chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Being a twelve-year-old, I'm obviously too naive to fully understand anything about love, but I understand that you know it well. You're really a very unselfish person, and I respect you for that, because I know that if others were put in your position, so many of them wouldn't have the strength to make the choice that you did. I feel like this was written straight from the heart, which is where the best writing comes from.

Even though love is an alien thing to me, I understand that yours is truly selfless, and I pray that you will succeed in finding someone who will not hurt you and love you as much as you them.

Sincerely,

Owl Moon
CountdownTillDawn chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I can only assume that you are a Christian when I write this. Love is a confusing thing for me. In a way, I guess you can say I'm scared to love. But what I see here is a form of love so pure it's second only to marrige. The selflessness and will to put aside your desires for hers is unbeleivable. There are many things I don't beleive in, but I do beleive when someone has love a pure as yours it finds a way to make things work.

God Bless
biblioholic chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
God, you write a compelling story, if not the best essay...

I can't say any more. I agree with your decision. May you have luck in your quest for happiness and companionship
Ruby Kart chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I feel, almost as if I've just violated something after reading this. I don't mean that in bad terms: It's as if I've suddenly read something I wasn't supposed to. It's like I suddenly saw a section of the speaker's life that was so personal and pure and poignant, that I could defile it just by reading it.

It's very well written - full of emotion that makes readers think of their first or current love. How would we respond to someone who didn't love us back? Or to someone who loves us, but we are fully aware that it's not meant to be.

If, this is in fact a page from your life, than you are a true gentleman. And a true lover, who's love goes deeper than the surface and completely changes both you and the person to which your affections are directed.

The way you write is so formal, like you belong back in the 1800s with the dukes and lords ruling over your own section of land and discussing politics in parliament. I don't mean that in any negative way - you just strike me as much more mature in manner and speach than anyone else I know.

I love the metaphor about the hurricane. I fully understand the serenity of the eye during the storm. I've been through 3 hurricanes, and see how different the eye is to everything else. It's indescribable how you can go from being in the middle of what seems like the worst weather in history, to suddenly being in a place of calm. It's euphoric.

Your definition of love - I find that very bold and true. Much better than the definitions I could come up with. As you can see - I have trouble describing stuff in just a few words. I have to elaborate ALL the time. But you captured it wonderfully.

Anyway, it's a brilliant piece of writing - so poignant and perfect. Leaves me with a bittersweet feeling. I do hope that one day you (again, if this is you) look back and realize that you made the right decision for both of you. And that the mark she left on you is a mark that you carry with happy memories.