Reviews for Hot Times in Old France
Raebie chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Okay, this was so funny! When I first clicked on it, I didn't read that it was listed as a humor/tragedy, so I didn't realize what I was in for.

It's certainly a different take on Joan of Arc's death. Thanks for the laugh!
Silverbelle chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Hee hee, I see where your pen name comes from :p I had no idea what to expect from this short story and it gave me a good chuckle.
Lyllyth chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Ahaha! I'm starting to enjoy your sense of humor. "steak or chops" lol. And the idea of a priest talking about the "karma yo-yo" made me laugh, too.

I like that you write such short little stories. They're good for a quick laugh when I'm just passing through, but also good for some deep thoughts when I'm in the mood.
SirScott chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
This pretty funny. Did you ever see the Three Stooges? I remember one where it was set in mediaeval times and they asked the Stooges how they wanted to die: to burned at the stake or have their head cut off. And Curly said to be burned at the stake, because a hot "stake" was better than a cold chop. This reminded me of that.

SirScott
sophiesix chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
groan, i can't believe you made me laugh out loud. poor old joan, such callousness in the face of true and pious suffering ;) You're very clever that you manage to get the suffering and teh comical side of it in teh one short piece!
Mirabella chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Love the pun at the end! You rightfully earn your pen name there!

Nicely done and well crafted as per usual. :)
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
You are MORBID!

But I hope the moral isn't in the last line.. hopefully it's in the karma yo-yo thing.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Wow, this made me feel sad, but the last part was funny :) Where do you come up with this material? lol. Well done and keep writing!

Anna _
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This was very funny, Punslinger, as usual. I wasn't sure where you were going with this. Well done.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
"That's the way the karma yo-yo swings" Loved this phrase without knowing why, definitely catchy

"You have your choice of steak or chops." :D A good last line, liked the biting sarcasm

About the theme itself, I'm not too sure. I can say this would make more sense about women that were mistaken for witches back at the old times.

And I just noticed the relevance of the title. Best thing about this piece is the title, way to go. "Hot times"-that's crazy! X)
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
lol lol lol Clever. But, what type of potato comes with that baked, mashed or fries?
nickyO chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I always feel like I should see the punch line coming and I never do...

:) Poor Joan another victim of the "think positive" (to the extreme) culture.
Open your eyes Chopstick chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
woah. morbid. But, it was interesting to read. I liked the little story you wove. But, here: ""Father, you must help me! Joan cried."- you forgot the ending quote after "me!"

Anyways, good job. I've been interested in Joan of Arc, so this was interesting to read. :)
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Morbidly hilarious.

I always enjoy how you take history and meld it into your own modern/abstract sort of writing, add a dash of sarsasm and wit and voila!

wonderfully done, as always.

-William