Reviews for we fell through the ice when we tried not to slip
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Normally I never would have read this piece, because I am not into the gratuitous slash fiction on this site, but since one of my favorite songs ever was used in the title, I had to at least give it a try. The writing here is absolutely excellent and the way it unfolds is so powerful and breathtaking. I love the focus on religion and Jesse's twisted purity- it's amazing. It's disturbing but also beautiful. I'm favoriting this!
Lady Riss chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I really liked it. There was something very haunting with the idea of incest and God. You know, in the Old Testament incest is accepted and quite common...

Something about this is just sad, and haunting. Amy, I believe, is the really messed up one. As the big sister she should not have used her sister like that. Because now Jesse is waiting for her sister's love... I don't know if you get that, but I'm a big sis and I could never hurt my sister like that (for the moment I'm pretending incest is normal... just so I can review ;) ).

I also loved your break points, awesome! Overall, this was just amazing. :)
drink me pretty chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This was amazing. Beautiful. Thought-provoking. Provocative. Wrong. Right. Wonderfully real. I'm honestly trying very hard to gather my thoughts right now, but your writing skill has made it rather difficult.

I don't know, as taboo as this topic may be, I was so utterly fascinated by the way it was portrayed. I loved all of the religious musings, the internal struggle, and the open-ending. I like that, as a reader, I was not told everything directly. I like ambiguity, as it allows much room for interpretation. Even now I don't think I grasped everything, but I know I will most likely read this again sometime in the future. Again, amazing work.
nevermore199 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
This was heartbreaking and beautiful. I'm not really into religion, but I enjoyed this fic anyway. :)

Random question, though: Where are you getting these challenges? Are people PM-ing them to you, or is there a site somewhere? I could do with a few.