Reviews for The Only Exception
Lazatin Keece chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
oh and i forgot to mention that i abhor callie. she's mean and a real b***** and she should've been nicer to blaine! what even, she so does not deserve him. i mean, he's just too cute.

oh well, this is still kind of adorable though. cheers.
qwertyuiop chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Can I please keep Blaine all to myself? He's beautiful and godly and I wouldn't mind having him with me forever and ever and ever.

Dear lord, I think I'm in love too. Haha! :')
Baconator. 3 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
You are like the second Meg Cabot, let me tell you. Just a bit more work and maybe a few polishing here and there and you could level up to Sarah Dessen!

I sincerely hope I can read more of your work soon. You deserve so much recognition for being an amazing writer. Keep it up. :)
Lazatin Keece chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
It was decent, yeah.
Skittle-butt chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Words can not describe how much I loved this. You, my friend, are brilliant!
Reader chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I absolutely adored this piece! Love is timeless and you were able to illustrate it perfectly here. I hope to read more of your work!
Naura chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
This was so touching! I really like seeing how Callie slowly falls in love with Blaine. (God, Blaine Bond was hilarious! I bet the dad's name is James Bond or something, lol) But what was really sweet was that they knew each other from before and he liked her for a long time. But the ending was so sweet and it's good to see that she's willing to show just how much she loves him.

This is what love is all about. You've done a brilliant job and I can't wait to read some of your other work as well.

'For love and only love'

Naura
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I wore a denim miniskirt, black leggings (since I would be on a high platform, I didn't want boys to have a good view of my underwear)

Eh? Then why would she wear a miniskirt? Well, I guess she's not the practical type, no?

Aw, then isn't she as bad if not worse than the males she claims she hate?

Sorry, I just had to let those out. I developed this extreme dislike towards Kennedy while reading the fic. Truly, her life was ironic. : However, the story isn't all that bad. The conversations were engaging and seemed natural, and the story was... cute. :)
BabyGirlAlex chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I. Loved .This .Soo .Much.

I love Paramore and this songg!

I'm speechless

It was so well written.

Fantastic job!:)
ByYourSide chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Hey, girl. :)

It's long, so I may need to review as I go along, to make sure I don't leave stuff out.

"Right now, my eyes are practically about to burst into a Niagara Falls of crystal tears."-love that line! So descriptive and pretty, and I can see that happening.

Hahaha, I love the name Blaine Bond. Something about it just fits with this story. And I think Blaine Wayne Shawn Bond is just about the best name ever.

Although it's long, the writing and Callie's witty narration, plus the other interesting characters keep it going very well. And I love the witty, fun exchanges such as this:

*"Excited?" I asked, still chuckling.

"…Ecstatic, how about you?" He had a goofy grin on his face.

"Euphoric…elated…and…exhilarated."

"That's excellent," he commented and both of us erupted in laughter.*

I also like how she says flip a lot, instead of cursing. That's really cute. :)

Love the flashback scene. V cute. I like how the drama is building and we're finally figuring things out.

*Callie: No, it's just that your cooking might be the death of me O.O

Blaine: You're overreacting.

Callie: I'm not. You might be stupid enough to 'accidentally' use rat poison and detergent instead of spices.*

Haha, LOVE that. So funny! I love the humor sprinkled throughout all of this, I gotta say. There are some pretty big LOL moments.

*The dude had some serious muscle and his body was drool-worthy—I mean erase, erase—he only had serious muscle. There was no drooling involved.*

HAHA, another really funny moment. I like Callie. She reminds me of my friends, and has serious spunk and confidence. I also love how the Bond siblings are named Blaine, Jane and Johnny. That fits really well.

Aw, what a very cute revelation about Shawnie and Callie! I love how she reacts afterward, and I love his confession. It's finally starting to make sense-he didn't fall in love with her just because she was hot and unattainable. He actually liked her from before. She completes him.

Okay, finally finished! It was very sweet! I love how they used to be together when they were little. That makes it more realistic that he would track her down and love her so much. Shawnie and Aurie.
kamwe kukua chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I was reading this the whole entire time, going, 'aww!' It was just so cute! I love the types of girls (like Callie) who've been broken and have been led to believe love doesn't exist, and they seem so hard and cynical and anti-romantic. And then I love the types of guys, like Blaine, who live just to break down those girls' walls, because they're hopelessly in love with them. I wish there had been more of Nick (cause gay guys rock) and more of Cole making Blaine jealous. Cause I'm sure Blaine is super cute when he's jealous. ;) And Paramore is freaking amazing, myself being a Parawhore. The Only Exception and Playing God are my two absplute favorites on BNE. Amazing job. :)
KryssiHollie chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
OMG! LOVE IT! It was well written, I loved the characters, the plot. I.. I.. I..

I'm truly speechless! It's so true, so real, so emotional! Just...

Wow!

FANTABULOUS!

Kryssi Hollie
Wounded-Petals chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Coming from the Roadhouse

[…My life is completely ironic. It always has been and that's no sick joke.] I think a lot of people can relate to this sentence and beginning.

[Oh and the whole 'I-hate-the-awful-song-but-I-really-love-the-band' is not really the irony here, ladies and gentlemen. As I said, a week ago, I hated every syllable of the song but now, here I am, singing the dreaded song with my ever faithful, black and silver guitar, Valentine. Yep, that's one more irony in my life. A nonbeliever of love having a guitar named Valentine.] Just this alone made me laugh. It's crazy that a lot of people actually feel this way, but don't realize it and don't want to admit it, lol.

[As I mentioned, the song relates to my life. My daddy and momma aren't the happiest couple in the world. In fact, they're the opposite. Their marriage is hanging on a flimsy thread. Actually, their marriage is gone. It's been gone for many, many years. It's been that way since…well…] Sad that she had to witness that. It's probably one of the reasons that she feels love doesn't exist, though for some reason she's in a place where she wats to deny love.

[My parents were this close to killing each other.] Lol, this isn't funny, but I've actually seen many parents go through this.. and somehow body died.

[Anyway, dear momma announced that she had a social life and I was—quote—"not that significant" and she "couldn't care less about her damndaughter" because she "has better things to do in her godforsaken life".] That's something harsh to hear from a parent and someone that you believe is supposed to love you unconditionally... But as it goes, some people don't grow out of being selfish and that consumes them. Oh, and 'damn' and 'daughter' should be spaced.

[All of my looks came from my father except for my sapphire blue eyes, curly eyelashes and hourglass figure. Those came from my mom.] At least mom came in handy for something. Passing on some of her looks.

["And I already told you, you're mine and I don't want to let you go…"] Wow, he's got some audacity. To say that to a girl that he only knows by reputation... okay.

[Oh god, Bond…] At least it's not James, lol.

["Stella, there's no need to worry. He's definitely not my type. I'll be fine. He can't hurt me. No boy can."] This kinda applies to that never say never qoute. You never know when it'l actually happen.

[Sorry dude, I'm not like those girls.] Well, there's the contradiction. She knows his name, and remembers it too, but because she's trying to fight whatever little attraction she already feels she's 'playing hard to get'.

["What can I do to make it up to you?"] Never ask a guy that. She set herself up there, lol.

["Nick, I'm Callie Kennedy, the soulless heartbreaker," I replied, coolly. Me…chasing a boy…? Yeah right.] Even teh chased someimes chases.

Okay, decided not to kill you with an incredibly ong review, so I'm going to try and not do that, lol. Though very long, this one shot was very good. I liked how you took the time to express to the readers what was going on, though the relationship progressed into love too fast for me...But that's just me don't pay attention to it. Callie came off as a hard ass at first, when all she actually needed was someone that understood her and her past, and Blaine needed the same thing.

Her friends, though they were always there for her, of course, didn't fill that space that a guy could for her, even when she didn't want to admit it What was good was that she came to terms with it.

Great shirt.

W-P
MeAsIAm chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
You throw in a cupid and there is 99 percent probability that I will read it! :P That is a die hard romantic for you! :P

The first part about the 'not believing in love' was fiercely executed and it instantly impressed on the minds of the readers. The voice of the protagonist has a forceful clarity.

thin yet also form-hugging,

- 'also' does not seem necessary

white jacket on top of it

- you can do without 'of it'.

exaggerated gasp (for effect)

- haha, awesome. I love Callie. :)

It was very long, but ves interesting! :)
seredemia chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
:D This is a really nice oneshot. Usually, I run away from chapters/stories that have more than five thousand words, but since you mentioned paramore, I stuck with this. And Im glad I read this. This is generally a story that makes you feel good. It's so cute, and even though it seemed a bit cliché at times, I loved it. I loved how Callie was a romantic... I can so totally relate to her. I love how you portrayed her feelings and thoughts. It was really nice to get into her head. The ending was nice, it was a really adorable way to end this one shot. It made me smile :D. Great job on this!

Roadhouse