Reviews for The Charlatan
Guest chapter 7 . 5/31/2014
You are a brillian writer n im really loving ur stories plz dnt stop plllllllllZzzzzzzzz
Emma Louise chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
FYI I've read everything you've posted, so much better than 90% of the other lesbian fiction. Thank you!
HeartRose chapter 7 . 11/19/2012
Great story, I really hope you'll finish it.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
I hope you would continue the story, update soon, please.
Apocalyptic-Wasp chapter 7 . 7/27/2012
At least Whelan was smart enough not to eat food that was from a stranger and appeared with only the click of a finger. Honestly . . . it's common sense. :D
Tympest chapter 7 . 5/30/2012
This story is quite interesting. The three main characters are all rather likeable, while I'm curious as to whether or not the sorceress in Feircewood is the sorceress who's guarding the princess. Is there any chance that you'll continue it at some point in the future?
Arttoa chapter 7 . 3/7/2012
i'm really enjoying the main character. she's very self possessed and makes no apologies for being who she is. great to see a lesbian character portrayed as such. looking forward to her adventures! the flow of this story is wonderful.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 6/4/2011
Great story so far! I hope your lady knight will be able to find a love of her own ;)
The Crazy Cat Lady chapter 7 . 5/24/2011
Yay! New chapters!

Ahh. I knew there was something strange about the sorceress. She was too nice.
KM Rune chapter 5 . 4/15/2011
this is cool. I hope you continue.
The Crazy Cat Lady chapter 5 . 4/10/2011
The plot sounds very promising. I hope you will upload another chapter soon.
DarkShadow2012 chapter 5 . 8/16/2010
This story is very intriguing and pleasing. cant wait to see what happens next. update as soon as you can:)

zutAra101 chapter 5 . 8/4/2010
Love the chap babe:) Tandy and Whalen :D I wanna see the princess before I comment on who should be with who :)

Update when you can.

Isobel Rowan chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
Great chapter. It had a lot of emotions swirling there, not to mention the action. I was surprised to find that the other soldiers hated her, but maybe I shouldn't have been. The King seemed pretty contemptuous of his chamption. He must have gotten his little feelers hurt.

I was intrigued by MC's relationship to Tandy. I thought she was a lover, but then not. Still not sure. But that's good if it's what you intended. My interest is piqued.

I really like this description: "The long grass grew tall around my knees, and the smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves and the trees were eerie and solemn."

There were a few miner things: There were a few typos in the first few paragraphs. Is Leighton a half brother then, since he's younger? Who exactly is Dennison? Wasn't sure if you are holding that info for later or what. "I hadn't been drugged" should be "I haven't been dragged..."
Isobel Rowan chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
This was a good first chapter. I could practically smell the man's closet. That's how well you describe it. I think you did a good job foreshadowing some things about the MC, such as the King and his war games.

I think the transition was abrupt between where you describe her relationship to the King and then switch to Tandy. I think you needed more in between for a smoother switch. Like did she meet Tandy while in the King's service? Is Tandy related to the king? Maybe contrast how she feels with both. These are just examples, of course, since I have no idea who Tandy is at this stage. I liked how you describe Tandy's affect on her. "Peaceful remission" was a good phrase. It sounds medieval. I also liked "lavendar and herbs to mock me."

There's a certain cadence you have in your writing that is very literary, by that I mean good. Example: "Far away the tolling of church bells signaled it was time to be on my way, and I sighed, knowing it was time." Normally, the overuse of "time" would annoy me, but here it doesn't. It's sweet emphasis. You did this several other times as I recall. All of them were nice and they seemed to fit the era. Good job.

I especially liked this line: "The boy stood there with wide eyes and an open mouth, the coin shining by his feet."

You foreshadowed the hell that would break loose and the boy's surprise. Overall, it was well done. I would have liked to have seen more of what her relationship to her brother was. I felt like I almost knew. The fact that she defies the king for her brother makes it a very important fact, I think.