Reviews for The Night They Left The Oven On
Alena Lodermay chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Hmm, yes I can definately see the much deeper meaning and thoughts conveyed throughout the story. How human actions, motives, thinking, everything seems to gather up in a way that takes some processing to understand that isn't present in many stories.

You have a great talent for setting up scenes and images in ways where others would use simple words. I guess the best way I can describe this like you laying out pin-point clear photographs and gathering them all up into an album, leaving the viewer to figure out the story themselves.

I would love to write like this someday, tried but horribly failed to capture what I was trying to get out. I'm feeling inspired by your work here. So maybe things will work out.

Just wonderful. Peace & Love. _
kunoichi-socks chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I really, really liked this. You excell at painting pictures with your words and I loved the whole atmosphere of the story. I especially liked the line, "You could run a plow through the furrows in his forehead, if you particularly wanted to harvest years."

Excellent work.

- Kat
Parkchester chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I thought the writing style was very artful and one of the best i've seen on the site so far. You have a great voice. I wasn't crazy about the big bolded black titles breaking up the flow of the work, but I understand that Fictionpress might not take too kindly to you separating these out into different chapters when they are so short.

I like the imagery and the sense of weariness you paint with Patrick's thoughts/actions. I like that in a short chapter, you've managed to make both of these characters who are just laying in a bed like real people who have histories/pasts. I'm definitely a fan of this particular work and i'll be watching you to see what other things you come up with.

I am sorry that I can't give more in the way of critique though, since that's my favorite part of reviewing.