Reviews for London
steffxnie chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
This is exactly how I feel about London. Well done putting it in words! :
Jessie chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
This is amazing.

When we visited London, we couldn't put into words the feeling of the place. From this culture to theirs, it's such a subtle slap in the back. But you said it perfectly. Incredible.
Camilleta chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Wow. Nice! And very unique.
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
loved the personification of the city
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Well, well, I'm glad to see your posting again, I've missed your work.

The strongest aspect of this was of the poshness filth. You displayed that really strongly here. Some of the aspects were a bit cliches and could have been stronger. I did like the section about the cigarettes and how strong and individualizrd that observation is. I'm a bit on the dense about your first and last verses, I liked them, and they were well executed, but I felt like they could have been stronger. I can't put my finger on why though. All in all a great piece and m really glad your posting again. Keep up the good work.

All in all a
Isca chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
"I touch the quivering lips of this city—they open with quick little sighs." This is a beautiful opening. I love the idea that cities are 'alive,' and can thus, 'sigh' in either rapture or pain.

"I don't shake them for fear that they'll fall." I like the idea that the speaker doesn't shake hands because she fears that they will fall off; that's somehow so Freudian to me...

"People keep staring." I love the tone of this line; it's so startling.

"I'm a child in this town." Beautiful. This line is so heart-wrenching.
ShadowsCrush chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Yo did that guy just try to correct your spelling of umbrella?

Lmao...really? XD

Anyway, beautifully written, and now I'm on to part two!
Sarsaparilla chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
i really love this, especially the last stanza. i can really picture the imagery. this reminds me of this poem I read of savannah j foley's. she wrote of new york. I'm actually in new york right now, so I feel the city-ness.

Overall I really loved the tone and voice.
donxcat chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
an interesting but puzzling poem. Like all your work; well constructed and very powerful. A few minor corrections:

and umbrella should it be: an unbrella

lift my ups should it be: lift my lips

hard to correct poetry since there is so much freedom of expression.

it has been a long time since your last post. You have been mised.