Reviews for The Sane Writer's Guide To: Narration
Epic Myth chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I wasn't going to leave a review at first, but that last part got me. I read some of these helpful guidelines written by you and they are extraordinarily great. I'm new to this website and the things that I have learned reflect greatly on what I am trying to do with my newest project and other upcoming works.

Good job and thanks for posting this up.
Areksandura chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Thank you.
MethodlessMadness chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Thank you!
xMeru chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Thanks for the guide! Very helpfull.
InsertDecentNameHere chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Thanks for the advice!

I don't really have all that much to say, it was informative, well written and very useful!

Thank you again!
nakublue chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Thank you so much! This was VERY helpful! I think I understood it well enough.

"Nakublue was very satisfied with the new informaton she received, thus she began to type a review for the lovely author who provided her with invaluable knowledge." Third person limited right there!XD
appleP chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
A good brief over view on Narration. Um, thanks for that. If you still need ideas you could do a guide on dialogue?
Maid Of Action chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Firstly, can I just congradulate you on producing the most informative and detailed series of guides for aspiring writers available on the web. Bravo! Not only are your essays easy to read due to their excellent formating and wording choice, but they have a certain witty charm which reflects the true natures and mistakes of developing authors while cleverly illustrating a simpler and more effective technique of aplying literary skills.

As a fifteen year old student and a keen future author, many of my school-mates and I used to struggle with even the raw basics of writing stories, until I stunbled inadvertantly across your handy series of guides for 'Sane Writers'. Having read countless 'how-to-write' guides that were mind-numbingly dull and about as useful as an ashtray on a motor-bike, your guides were a breath of fresh air! I wasted no time recommending your series to my firends the next day at school. We unaminously decided that 'The Sane Writers Guides' were far superiour to our teachers, most of whom are getting paid only to sit on their bottoms, disapprove of our behaviour, yell and hand out detentions. Unfortunately in high school, unless you elect a specific story-writing course, it is not covered in the English curriculum.

With regards to fresh ideas for your fantastic series, I was thinking that maybe you could explore, analyse and disect different genres of novels to produce another couple of helpful guides (i.e, a guide for romantic stories, war stories, funny stories, scary stories, tragic stories, etc)

Ten brownie points to you for creating these master pieces and helping my friends and myself come a step closer to accomplishing our aspirations!

Thanks heaps! :D

Maid Of Action
Nora Brooks chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
This was a great help.

Enjoyed the examples for the different styles of narration.

Thanks for the tips :)
spkhashmi211 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Wow... that was very helpful. Thank you so much. )
cwidsvniojwfeodpsjmc-oieajsmpc chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This was really helpful. Thanks for writing it. I liked how you started. It was really intresting. Good job!
Written chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
nice job breaking down different styles! i admit, i was expecting to see more on narration missteps... perhaps something more along the lines of a writing style guide. but this was good, and i think this could be useful for a lot of young writers. for that reason, i'm adding this story to my community archive! if you mind, just let me know. good work!
Kearston Marie chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I've read your other chapters; I think I might have favored one. They're all very helpful.

This chapter is certainly informative, but not necessarily in the way I expected. I know the definitions of the different points of view, and what the general feeling of different types of narration are, but I have a hard time actually fleshing out a story. I'm not sure how much information to give, what kind of information to give, et cetera.

I read Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft a little over 6 years ago... I distinctly remember him complaining about authors' decisions to describe a character's clothing and physical appearance. What do you think about that?
TheJediPenguin chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
First review, 'cause I'm Awesome like that!

Anyway, graet work, as always. I shall assimilate all info and use it when appropriate. I'll especially remember the first-person and blog stuff when writing my story about Gilbert.
akashiadanielle chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
This was a very good overview of the different types of narration. I was rather active on a Asian fanfiction site and wrote things like this all the time. I was wondering, by chance, if you were ever thinking about writing something to do with plot? I'm pretty good with them, but sometimes my brain just spurts out things and I have a hard time weaving them into the story. I'm not sure if you really understand what I mean. It's weird, I can just randomly start a story with no motivation and it can be the greatest thing I ever wrote, but when I sit down and start to plan where I want to take it, it dies. So if you could just even give me some advice about plot, I'd appreciate it. I'll be reading more of your work. Thanks a lot!