Reviews for The Sane Writer's Guide To: Narration
spkhashmi211 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Wow... that was very helpful. Thank you so much. )
cwidsvniojwfeodpsjmc-oieajsmpc chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This was really helpful. Thanks for writing it. I liked how you started. It was really intresting. Good job!
Written chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
nice job breaking down different styles! i admit, i was expecting to see more on narration missteps... perhaps something more along the lines of a writing style guide. but this was good, and i think this could be useful for a lot of young writers. for that reason, i'm adding this story to my community archive! if you mind, just let me know. good work!
Kearston Marie chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I've read your other chapters; I think I might have favored one. They're all very helpful.

This chapter is certainly informative, but not necessarily in the way I expected. I know the definitions of the different points of view, and what the general feeling of different types of narration are, but I have a hard time actually fleshing out a story. I'm not sure how much information to give, what kind of information to give, et cetera.

I read Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft a little over 6 years ago... I distinctly remember him complaining about authors' decisions to describe a character's clothing and physical appearance. What do you think about that?
TheJediPenguin chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
First review, 'cause I'm Awesome like that!

Anyway, graet work, as always. I shall assimilate all info and use it when appropriate. I'll especially remember the first-person and blog stuff when writing my story about Gilbert.
akashiadanielle chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
This was a very good overview of the different types of narration. I was rather active on a Asian fanfiction site and wrote things like this all the time. I was wondering, by chance, if you were ever thinking about writing something to do with plot? I'm pretty good with them, but sometimes my brain just spurts out things and I have a hard time weaving them into the story. I'm not sure if you really understand what I mean. It's weird, I can just randomly start a story with no motivation and it can be the greatest thing I ever wrote, but when I sit down and start to plan where I want to take it, it dies. So if you could just even give me some advice about plot, I'd appreciate it. I'll be reading more of your work. Thanks a lot!
21 | « Prev Page 1 2