Reviews for For Shame, Ares
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
wow. that was beautiful. did you mean to say FUCK THE REVOLT? i liked the repetiton of "Viva la revolucion!" i think you will win. tell me if you do. ) Megan
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Whoa, I definitely haven't seen anything like this before. Loved the comparison of Greek myths (specifically the mention of Diana/Artemis) and modern warfare.

This whole poem seemed to be thriving and fighting, kicking a screaming. There was so much action pulsing through it! I adored it.

Good job and good luck in WCC!
Nesasio chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I'm not great with poetry so this probably won't be a very helpful review. :( Overall, I like this. It's got a lot of cool moments in it that feel like they could be in a really epic song. Love the Bono quote, of course (that's my favorite performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday) because it sets the mood so well. If I interpreted this correctly, you're sort of talking about how there's all this perceived glory in war like there's glory in following religion but war goes against the beliefs of religion and people throw their morals aside but still think they're doing the noble thing...something like that? Well, that was my view of it and I for one like that message. Visually, I found it strange to see very short lines at the beginning of the poem and much longer lines toward the middle, but it didn't bother me too much. This seemed to flow well and packed some powerful images. Good luck on the WCC!
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
I am a horror at reviewing poetry, just so you know.

I love the imagery in this piece. I could picture most everything perfectly, and I really appreciated that. I don’t like the tone shifting, however. It started off rather—I don’t want to say “refined”, but it did have a polished, almost regal feel to it—and then it turns less formal and that really threw me off. The line “I swear, it will be…uhh…ugh…” is what started my confusion. (Remember: I’m terrible with poetry). Then you spiral into more informality and from then on I’m lost. /

I was originally not going to review this because when poetry perplexes me I simply write off my confusion as my own lack of competence in the field. However, I thought it would have been unfair if I didn’t review it; so I apologize if this review was incredibly unhelpful. I’m horrible with poetry so really –shrug– I got nothing. /