Reviews for The Boy Who Tamed Laughter
Silverbelle chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
I agree with the other readers that young kids might be frightened by an initially violent Laughter, but the story is great for older kids and adults. I love the adaptation of the creation story, the sibling affection and the simple, happy ending.
tiger002 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
That was really good. Like the other readers said, maybe not for really young readers, but it really feels like a kids story. The creation story fit in well with the many myths, and the morals of something bad being used for good was nicely done. And you're right, I don't think I've ever seen a little boy and girl play with a dog and not laugh. Great story!
SirScott chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Good story. I think children would like this story.

SirScott
Lyllyth chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
How bizarre...I love it! I always love new creation myths. Or myths of any sort. I can tell you're a dog person, I wasn't quite expecting that at the end. This actually made me laugh. Good job!
Open your eyes Chopstick chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
only problem i saw...and i think it has to do more with fp messing with you than you: "Yes," said the Moon. "But none of the creatures on it seem to notice how bright

we are."

other than that, it was an enjoyable read. It reminds me a bit of god and the creation of Earth. Laughter reminds me of the dog like creature in the book "the divide." It was definitly a little bit scary, so I'd probably only read this to children ages 5 to 7. Otherwise, it was beautifully written. my favorite line was: Now, wonderful things can happen when laughter is used with love. The bad can be made good, and the ugly can be made beautiful, and life can replace death.

truly, that was an amazing two sentence combo. :) It definitly brought light into this story.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Aw, this is really sweet. I love how your mind works!
sophiesix chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I think the little ones would be scared by the monster in teh middle - I know I was - but perhaps you little ones are older/tougher ;)

lovely twist of an ending though, at first I was a bit affronted by the dog, because i like them so much, but you won me over with your last lines, lol! very true!
Mirabella chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
"Laughter laughed so hard and so long that he began to turn into something good and beautiful, with a furry body, four legs, floppy ears and a wagging tail." - my favourite part! I love puppies. :)
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Aww!

This is one of your best works!

I think if this was read to a kid, he/she would definitely love it.

Favorite lines:

"Now, wonderful things can happen when laughter is used with love. The bad can be made good, and the ugly can be made beautiful, and life can replace death."
Isca chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
"That's a bright idea." -snorts- What an adorable line. Witty too.

"He became dog!" An unexpected twist. Man's best friend used to be cruel.
Sweet and sugary chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
This is really good and funny. :D Where did you get this idea? Keep writing!
Nephite chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Reminded me of God. Nice work.
nickyO chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I think it will depend on the age of the kids and how sensitive they are. It is a little scary. But I liked how you alluded to humor as something that can be misused, but when used the right way is tranforming and good. Maybe when Laughter is bad, he can tickle/tease them until they cry? for the younger more impressionable kids. Good work as always.
livy9 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
omg this is funny!
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
This was an adorable story, of course it wouldnt be yours without some added pun in there haha. It made for a very light read. I hope that by the time my kids pop out I can remember this story. great work as always.

-William