Reviews for You know what I don't get?
IAMCOOKIE chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Government.. You mean in USA? Or something. You didn't really say.

Well.. Isn't USA's motto "In God we trust" or something? Doesn't that mean anything?
from chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Actually, "under God" was added to the Pledge in 1954. Before that, there was no mention of God. Check your facts, please.

In addition, it would be considerate for you to check your spelling and grammar before you posted a piece of writing. I had difficulty understanding what you meant. Misuse of the words "there" and "settle" was particularly troublesome.

I'm not going to criticize your beliefs as represented here, but I would request that your rants go into the Essay category instead of masquerading as fiction.
infojones chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
im glad you were brave enough to say it
lovelife12 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I’ve been thinking about some of the things you talked about here and I agree with a lot of it. But I also have to agree with the person who has reviewed before me, Anon.

I agree with you in the respects that the government tries to restrain Christianity (i.e. in schools, workplaces, the government itself, etc.), but its not just Christianity that is being pushed back. It is true that the founding fathers put 'in God we trust' on US currency and ‘one nation under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance, but one of the reasons the founding fathers founded America was for freedom of religion. And this is where I agree with Anon. I don’t think the government banned God from school and added evolution because they were denying God in particular. I think it is the only way to keep choice in school and America. That is what I think and please forgive me if you disagree.

I would prefer to sit threw some outrageously silly evolution lecture in biology class than have to learn about a religion I do not believe in or particularly care for. But I do not like the way the teachers preach evolution like fact (personally, the more I study evolution the less I believe in it). I think that is the point that I full heartedly agree with you on. When I asked a question that severely challenged evolution, my biology teacher pretty much had a spaz attack and went off on a tirade about why “evolution is a solid explanation of the origin of life on planet Earth”.

Oh dear, this turned out to be a bit longer than I intended it to be. Oh well! Anyways, thank you for speaking your mind and giving an opinion that will surely make people think. Challenging the way things work in America is a sure fire way to get people to review!
Anon chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
What if America had been formed under a different religion, say Islamic, and you were Christian, you went to school and they would teach you about Muhammad, who was the prophet of God, and his teachings must be upheld. You'd probably be worse off then what it is now. The government is NOT 'suppressing' Christianity, it's allowing choice. An example being the theory of evolution.

It's been proven, scientifically it's a fact, but you can still believe God set all these events in place in order to create the situation we are in now, giving nudges and pushes along to where we are now. But we know, for a fact, that earth started with a single celled bacteria, then it evolved of hundreds of millions of years into us. Teaching this doesn't encroach upon other's beliefs, teaching others someone else's religion does.

View it from the other side, it'll help you things in a clearer light. Imagine if the government was formed Islamic, Jewish, hell, even Satanic, would you want your or your children be taught that THEIR religion was WRONG?