Reviews for The Cave
augmentedDREAMS chapter 10 . 10/30/2014
AAAAGH! Why haven't you updated! DX
Damned to heaven chapter 10 . 5/21/2013
So I just stumbled across this, just when I sit up for more there's nothing left. Already adore this, I kinda hate/like James; he's definitely a brilliant actor if he can go around being "normal" yet be in charge of some rape cult, yeah he needs one good hard pinch for being such a prat.
Love Ava and her name. Ooh Max, it's always the moody mardy ones that are the best.
PoppySeeds chapter 10 . 4/11/2013
Hello there! It was a bit of a shock to get this email, I thought you'd abandoned this story. I'm glad the two finally got to meet and maybe there is something wrong with me, but I do love a good alpha male "I am going to kill you but probably not and may fall in love with you" type of thing. :)

I had to go back and re-read some of the last chapter but now I remember what's happening and I do hope you're writing the next one. Funny, in the time I started reading this it seems like dystopian stories like this are exploding everywhere! You're so with the times...the next Vericona Roth. ;)

Anyway, it was great and I'm so glad she finally got to their camp and we now get to see what happens. You do have fans, I promise!

Hope life is treating you well!
rachelontheramble chapter 9 . 7/24/2012
What a really compelling story! I am on edge, waiting to know what happens next. And that is a testament to your writing skills.
blythely chapter 9 . 12/23/2011
Hey, i'm just writing to let you know that this is such a lovely story. I adore the primitive, sort of medieval feel - despite this story taking place sometime in the future (i suppose). I discovered this story from poppyseeds page and boy, was i lucky. I like the themes you introduced; degeneration of society in absence of regulation, de-basing of women. The feminist in me is riled up. Plus the romance seems promising, i am so curious how the tree people live - is it similar to the commune, or more in tune with nature? Or was the commune built to keep out the tree people and keep the women captive? I suppose you will reveal in time. The world you have built is in depth, interesting, unique and absolutely memorable. So different from many of melodramatic stories on this site. I hope you never give up on this story and i will be following this to a very eager end.
Vaudeville chapter 9 . 9/7/2011
I just came across this and I all I can say is wow. Youre such fantastic writer that I was just entranced throughout all nine chapters. I cannot wait for your next update (well, technically, I can but I look forward to it with anticipation). One thing though, at the end of this one, I think its Bill shes talking to, who tells her to leave? But you wrote Greg. Ignore me or call me an idiot if I'm wrong. I could very well be.
WyldeLoneStar chapter 9 . 9/6/2011
So happy to see a new chapter. Don't beat yourself up too much about taking a while to update. I can definitely understand, lol. It was a great chapter and I can't wait to find out what happens now that Ava is in the woods.
PoppySeeds chapter 9 . 9/6/2011
Well hello there! I was so pleased to see you'd updated this story, I hadn't forgotten about it. :)Now, we're finally get somewhere. But what a horrible somewhere to be.

Why are they keeping the women? Just to rape them? or are they trying to perpetuate the species? I'm confused on that, but either way it's so awful. I liked the way that Erin's ghost spurned Ava on. Maybe in someway she'll be able to convince her to keep trying and to have half a life someday. I can't wait to see what happens when she gets to the people in the trees.

And you named a character after me, how nice. ;) Just kidding, but did you know my name was Katie? I really cannot wait to find her brother, this mysterious green-eyed stranger.

Don't worry, it flowed well - I know how hard it is sometimes when you're in the middle of a story and you just feel like it's taking forever to get somewhere. Take your time, it's not rushed and if it takes forever to write the next chapter that's okay. I'll wait. :)
Rosey-Blue chapter 9 . 9/4/2011
YES! you finally updated!

she finally knows the horrible secret...

I hope she'll chop all of their balls off! They certainly deserve it!

Excited bout the next one!

:D
kelly chapter 8 . 8/25/2011
update?
reader.anonymous chapter 8 . 5/28/2011
Intrigued? Thats rather putting it mildly.. Would love to read the rest of the story!
PoppySeeds chapter 8 . 1/27/2011
OMG!Yes, it was a horrible place to leave it! But also a great place because who doesn't love a cliffhanger? So, what IS going on there? Are there other women being held hostage that she doesn't know about? This is the only explanation I could come up with. James must know...I like the way you portray Ava's reaction to the betrayal she's finally realized. It's very realistic. She's obviously, for lack of a better term, effed up and it shows. I cannot wait to find out what's in those trees...

Your little details are perfect too - her dirty fingernails, the sounds the pills make in their cup. I love the sort of thing that can put me in the story, so well done.

AND well done on finishing your masters! That's awesome, you must be so proud. And if it gives you more time to write, then hell yes! Love it, love it - the tension is awesome, I seriously cannot wait for her to finally make her way to the woods. And "the cave" whatever the hell that is. :D
Lady Nicky chapter 8 . 1/25/2011
I like this story so far. You're very good at giving descriptions of places, people etc.
WyldeLoneStar chapter 8 . 1/24/2011
So glad to see an update, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
PoppySeeds chapter 7 . 8/19/2010
Well she better go to the woods fast because I need some answers, too. ;) Your writing ability in description is so great - I can see Ava's gaunt and spent body in the mirror, too. You're so good at conveying the desperate yet empty feelings she's having, especially at almost wishing that she had died.

Lovely work, I'm sorry this isn't longer. I'm a shoddy reviewer! I really do love the way you write though because we really see what she's seeing and feel what she's feeling. Nicely done. I want to know why T hates her, too. :D