Reviews for Powers That Be
theLethean chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
Good poem... it's sad, and kind of dark, but when it comes down to it, the powers-that-be and their power and status, it is like that.I find it interesting that the primary point you use is war... it's extreme, but it illustrates the point perfectly.
AubriannaKnight chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
you rock..it's kool that you were able to keep the rhyme and say all the important things that had to be said. this poem is very sad yet so darn true.
Mel C chapter 1 . 2/12/2002
sad...but true. it kinda reminds me of this song called "one tin soldier". btw, if anyone wants to i.m. me, my s/n is 'summerD2007' i'm always lookin' for new buddies!
sinister velvet chapter 1 . 10/29/2001
The powers-that-be really suck sometimes, huh!
Ragdoll chapter 1 . 6/22/2001
OK this is a good poem because it conveys such in important message in such a good way. I think we all need to fight against the powers that be and this is going in my favs because it's a cause close to my heart. They only care about their wealth and power and they rape the inncents in body and spirit - it makes me sick. It's great how you can still keep the rhyming smooth as well as saying what you want to. I mean there aren't any forced rhymes. The best part of the poem is "Even though the bodies now litter the board, To them all that matters is how much they've scored" - pure genius! Actually I'm going to print this off. In short - well done! :)
BabyGurl chapter 1 . 5/24/2001
that was good too! where do you come up with SUCH great ideas?