Reviews for Tornado Warning
OrangeXAngel chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
I haven't reviewed anything of yours for a while. x( Anyway, I totally love this, I didn't even know you wrote poetry! I really liked this one because it was almost like reading a story...without really reading a story. Awesome. x) Anyway, the only thing I'd say is that maybe you should capitalize all the first letters of each line and add commas, so looks a little more formal. But other than that, it was just great. I think my favorite line was "...but my face slipped." Haha, I laughed at that. :) The "black paint spilled over" I think was really creative since I never thought of dark clouds that way really, so it was a really new thing to me. xD The "...announced a tornado heading our way," was great too, especially since it foreshadowed something that might happen and felt a little foreboding.

...

Oh, I forgot, I loved the "...sucking on a peppermint" part too, for me, it was a really bright visual(along with the flower petals and orange hair, but maybe a tad brighter -)throughout the whole poem, which in my mind, seemed kind of dark and dim. I hope that was what you were going for, because it worked well on me, and I loved it.

...

Haha, I just looked back on my review, it looks like I liked everything...Which I did! Hope to see more poems like this from you in the future!
Raindrops Melt Away chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
does the tornado symbolize a possible sign of trouble that lays ahead for the two? sorry, the thought just popped into my head.
slowxromance chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
This was totally cute! I love the imagery and descriptive language, I could actually see this. Lovely work.

Tina
Nakehaton chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Oh wow, that is so romantic!

(Even though it even claims not to be romantic...)

Storms are really beautiful, huh...
seredemia chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I liked this. It made me smile when the line 'but my face slipped' popped up. It was just so random and yet so innocent at the same time! It sounds like one of those typical excuses that cute boys make. I loved how this had such a happy atmosphere to it, and then next thing you know, a tornado is coming..? Definitely random. But I think the randomness really made this poem enjoyable. I loved reading this.

Roadhouse
Kobra Kid chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This was really cute! :3 I'm really no good at giving any criticism in poetry, since I really never see any problems with any poems. But the last stanza was my favorite! Keep on writing!

B. Cross from the RH
Delphina Valitrix chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Haha, nice. "my face slipped." Sure it did, kid.

I like the style you've written this in. It's not really stream of consciousness, but it doesn't really focus on one thing (such as the kiss) either. It suggests that the incident was very sudden, and (seemingly) didn't affect either one very much, or that the two of them were trying to ignore what had just happened by turning their attention to the storm in the last verse.

But that's just my interpretation. I warn you; I suck at poetry. I had to write a paper on a poem once (an entire paper on a POEM!), and I had to spend the entire spring break just coming up with my thesis. (I somehow managed to pull off an A; don't know how that happened.) But yeah. Spent a lot more time staring at that poem than this one, so my interpretation could be very, very off.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Aw, this is such a cute piece. It's so sweet and innocent, but at the same time it has an underlying hint of sadness.

I like how you work in so many elements. The tree, the peppermint, the orange hair...they're all interesting elements alone, and together they give great detail.

I love the first stanza. Great way to open it.

Very nice poem