Reviews for After the Beep
backseat compromises chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
i was completely surprised by the ending! i was expecting the story to have a creepy twist, with the unnamed protagonist as a stalker of sorts who's really too obsessive but i guess the twist at the end gave me a pleasant surprise! although somehow i thought that the story wasn't very realistic? felt like it was too good to be true, and despite what the protagonist says in the voicemail i feel kind of weird about it. as in, i would've liked her to elaborate so i'd get a clearer picture of her character and what she went through. not too sure why, but it felt a little... empty? to me when her idol finally replied. even so, i still liked the fic. loved how she dropped the phone, for a moment there i held my breath, wondering if she'd accidentally hung up or something. also, i like how the story flows and how you ended the story, and i'll be interested if you write more!
Narsha chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Very nice. It's so hard to find quality writing on FP these days...

I really like how you presented the obsession in... dare I say a positive light? That part I particularly liked about this. The premise holds promise for a full-fledged story. Very intriguing and interesting. Good work.

- Narsha
theprettyreckless13 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
AWW! Dude! You HAVE to continue this! You just HAVE to! I'm sure it'll be a huge hit in here if you do :D And I absolutely love the plot :D
lookingwest chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Didn't find any edits or style edits for this one-shot, so it's very well edited and written style wise. I appreciate polished works on FP because it allows the flow of the writing to get me into the story better when I don't stop and notice mistakes, so thanks for that, haha.

This is definitley a bit of a drabble piece (a story about 500 words that sticks to one character focus or subject), and I always find those interesting and also a challenge-some times it's hard to fit so much into only 500 words. I think in that respect, you revealed a lot about the focused character. I have to admit though, I found her to be a bit of a Mary Sue, just because she seemed to have no faults or flaws-in that respect, she didn't seem real. Well-the whole thing didn't feel real to me, honestly, I just couldn't see it happening, though it was a nice fantasy. I'd almost be scared if a famous rock star called me back asking me out on a date-what if he turned out to be really shady? D: It seemed that there was an underlying theme of the prince rescuing the princess, so to speak, or at least bringing all of the princesses dreams come true. I'm just too critical of that, haha. But again, for those who enjoy the genre, this was well written and perhaps if anything, easy to relate to for most. I think everyone has an obsession of some sort. I was *really* obsessed with Harry Potter, XD, if only he could have whisked me off to the UK! Haha.

I liked your focus on the obsession, but it was a twist that you made it positive instead of negative. Most times you would think that would leave to something negative, especially if the rock-star never returned the calls or anything, and then you get this weird thing going on like (okay, this is going to sound stupid), the rapper Eminem's song "Stan", which is about a really obsessive fan who never gets a message back from Eminem and then kills himself O_O, and then after he kills himself, Eminiem returns his phone call. So I always have that weird connotation with obsessive music fans because that song scared me when I was younger, XD, trauma! Hahaha, but like I said, you twisted it so it didn't become negative, but positive, and I found that especially unique!

I liked the moment specifically when she drops the phone after hearing his voice, that made me nervous for a sec, I thought maybe she was accidentally going to hang up and you were going to leave it hanging! I thought overall the ending fit too, it was a nice little enjoyable read that made me feel all warm inside at the end-you've got a nice little talent for that
OrangeXAngel chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Aw...Really short, but aw... ;) They do care. Another cute little one-shot. I could actually see this become an actual chapter story. :D Anyway, good job again!
pendragone96 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I usually don't read shortish stories, because I read them too fast, and I don't normally like oneshots, but when i read the summary, eh, i just wanted to read this. I can honestly say, i think this was the cutest little story ever. I got that little warm feeling inside when i read it. I don't know if that's what you were hoping to achieve, but it was so cute.
artofjula chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Seriously? Do all your oneshots have to be incredibly cute? God this was so cute. Lemme go bask in its cuteness.
InkedSoul chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Aww, what a nice and ironic ending. I'm obessed with some bands but not as much as her. Well, nevermind she calls it hope not obsession xD

Anyway, the concept of the chapter was pretty creative. I've never read anything like this on FP so this is a first for me. Your writing style is pretty interesting, it has this rhythmic way about it that flows nicely throughout the chatper, I don't really know how to describe it though, haha. It might just be me though but it's something I noticed.

I'm just curious, is this a personal experience? Because I wonder what made you want to write about this, it seems kind of personal. Just wondering though.

Anyway, overall great one-shot. I'm glad her dream came true in the end. I'm a sucker for happy endings (:

Idareutoguess from the Roadhouse