Reviews for Rent A Wizard: Sword & Sorcerery
Rockstar author chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This story is absolutely hilarious! and along with the humor comes great writing but you really need to update it ASAP man! and if you would give my stories a look it would really make my day. again, Update! it's been 2 years for god's sake!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 2 . 6/11/2011
And after a year of searching, Roy and Keira still have not found the stupid wizard.

Okay, I was kidding. Just kidding.

In any case, what happened? Your story was amazing. It had everything, from originality, humor, action, insanity, entertaining characters, solid background, awesome setting...and only 2 chapters. You need to write more, man! Your story is that good! It is a fresh breath from most of what I've seen here. It's really amazing.

It just hit one of my favorites.

I'll be looking forward to your next update. Hope to see you soon!
Accalia. guardian ofShadow chapter 2 . 3/14/2011
This is a fun story. I would deffinatly continue reading if it were to be updated. As with anything there is rume for improvement but since I'm at work at the moment, and am not a good edeter, I cant help with that. I love the line about Tuesday. In my family Tuesday is the answer to nearly everything.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
I like how you combine magic and modern elements in your setting, YouTube, Justin Bieber, etc - combined with wizards who through lighting and fire, and a flaming phoenix soaring through the air! So much for the Masquerade, where the mages are supposed to be keeping this stuff secret lol. I like this, and the action really let's you in to Roy's head and tells you what hes's thinking.
Kaos Ninja9 chapter 2 . 7/30/2010
'Like I was arm wrestling momma nature for the rights to her virginity.'

How do you come up with this stuff?

Seriously, this is the funniest thing I've ever read.

I like this Roy kid, and I can't wait to find out about the whole Keira/human thing. Good job, you get 100 Ninja Points.
Kaos Ninja9 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I finally got around to reading it! I have to say, this was the first time I've laughed throughout an entire chapter. This was so funny! It's hard to believe you're not doing it purposely. Very well written, I feel like I definitely suck now... :P
Supercell chapter 2 . 7/30/2010
"Keira, I thought. Hello. Any birdie there? If you don't have anything better to do, could you drop by sometime? I'll download that Justin Bieber song you love so mu–"

"Mention that song again, I will let you die, Keira replied. Then I will assassinate your soul."

Okay, no offense so JB fans out there but I love this line LOL!

I also ROLFed on the "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" and "Youtube" reference.

I kind of understand now why your story feels really different. First of all you have such a deep vocabulary which fits perfectly to the sentences you use.

Another one is your great sense of humor and sarcasm!
Supercell chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I won't bother pointing out typos and grammar mistakes because first of all, I'm not a good proofreader myself and second, I think all errors have been pointed out already. So, on to the story for me.

The first thing I noticed is that you did a great job on describing and emphasizing the actions of your characters - but that is to be expected from you LOL. Many writers, including me, have always struggled trying to describe one action and find ourselves raising an eyebrow when we read our works.

Another one is that you did a great job in portraying the characters' personalities. After reading just the 1st chapter, I feel like I already have a good grasp of Keira and Roy's relationship.

Just to add that the humor was not forced either :D
TK Anez chapter 2 . 7/26/2010
This is a really good prologue. I like the fantasy world you created, and you're writing is great. I love how Roy is so cynical in the narration, and I like the line about YouTube. Maybe you could check out my story, Ishiki. I'd love to hear your opinion on it :)
Imagination Creations chapter 2 . 7/25/2010
Certainly a good story, so far. I like the friendship between keira and roy. And their mental connection reminds me of something from Avatar. Ill be looking out for more of this story.

-J. Sabo
Erich Sturmburg chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Heya, Outlaw02 here, squeezing a portion of my time for this :p

It was a nice read for this chapter, several references made me chuckle, and one part did made me go 'wait, what' at Roy's choice of words when replying to the Sorcerer. Though in terms of feel, I didn't notice the feel of the chase between Roy and the Sorcerer except for circling around the antagonist, until near the end of the chapter where you explained a bit more of the atmosphere and surroundings.

Conversation-wise, it came out naturally, not forced, which is a nice touch. Overall, I admit was a bit short, but considering that it's part 1 of a prologue, looks like it's going to be a long one. :p
Darket chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
I got my homework done in time so I can read this. Nice update going. This story's doing pretty good actually. As far as traffic and readership-plus readability. I look forward to another chapter soon.

Peace, Love, Triangle... Kill

-Darket
iflip4dolphins chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
This is, without a doubt, one of the silliest, awesome-est (and yes, I'm aware that's not actually a word) stories I've read. Roy is such a likeable main character, and I absolutely love Keira.

Can't wait until you update!
Relix chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
That was fun. I honestly got confused a few times with the lightning (btw.. Rode the Lightning, was that a reference? P) quick pace but it was hectic. It was well written and like the last time full of humor and fun, just a quick fun read. By the way I do think you missed a humor chance there with Roy's parents, but I am sure you have something planned for them later on.
Relix chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Hey ). Actually it's funny because I got my Author Alert email some time back and checked the story from the phone but didn't review as I had forgotten my password. P.

I did give it a nice re-read again since when I read it I was in the train and phone reading can be hard, but enough ranting. I loved the silly humor and:

I shouted back, "I'll kill you if you let her go!"

The Sorcerer seemed ready to fire back at me, but he stopped. A wave of confusion crossed his face.

Keira whispered in my mind, I think you meant you'll kill him if he doesn't let her go.

I don't know why but that killed me haha. Really digging the first person style and the lightheartedness of the story. It's quick, fun and fast paced which is definitely important. It kinda started all at the same time, initially it was a bit hard to digest what the heck was going on, but a few more sentences and I was back into the story and understanding everything. Will keep reading ;-). Thanks for checking my story, really appreciated.
31 | Page 1 .. Last Next »