Reviews for All This Pretty Stuff
Elastic chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I really love this song! Even though the way I read/sing it is probably not the same as you intended it, I still love it!

XOXO, Alex
theprettyreckless13 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Wow. That was beautiful :)
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
[No matter how far I run

or how little I sleep] Very realistic lines. I'm sure a lot of people lose sleep over this type of situation. And the running-nice ambiguity. What is she running from? Him? Herself?

[No matter how much makeup

I use to cover up] Again, I like the lingering question. Covering up what?

[And who are to turn away

without a simple no?] Ugh, I know how that feels. It's like you're not even being given the respect of common courtesy.

Nicee song. It had a pretty common topic, and your descriptions weren't entirely new, but the ending made this one stick out in my mind. It's not overly angsty or overly I'm-better-than-this, but just sort of accepting of life. Perfect note to end it on.
deefective chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Hm, well I really did like the sort of melancholic tone throughout all this. It's consistent and well done. I liked that you didn't get all "stronger-than-this" like most lyrics and songs about love seem to do. You just ended it with you saying you're just gonna go and that was much more powerful and poetic, in my opinion. As for the actual content of the lyrics, they're very simple and to the point, which is good for this. Sometimes less is more and in this case, it's true. Your emotions and feelings come out clearly and sharply and there's no mistaking them for anything else. Nicely done.
seredemia chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I like this song... I relate so much to it. I love songs/poems I can relate to, don't you? I like how in the first two verses yu made her sound so depressed, hopeless and lovestruck, but at it got further to the end, you made her sound more determined and with hints of... hope. And bitterness. I loved the chorus, it really fitted there. Great song!

Roadhouse