Reviews for A Thank You
letsdotheraindance chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Similar to another one of your poems I read earlier, miss brightest sunshine, the words in this piece flowed absolutely well. The poem didn't sound choppy at all. Both the short and the long lines fit together quite right. The choice of words, the use of both visual and tactile descriptions were more than sufficient to evoke the sensual images necessary to make the ending much more unexpected. Hm, the anticlimactic ending made me smile. :) It was unpredictable (Ooh, dirty dirty mind) and the sudden delivery made it much more effective in surprising the readers. The word play made the poem interesting but I had to finish the entire piece and re-read it to fully appreciate it.

I enjoyed reading this not only because of the humorous touch at the very end but because the whole poem was cohesive and easy to read. Also, I felt that the length of the poem is just right, enough to build up the imagery but not too long to bore the readers.

I hope this helps. :)
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Heh, good job. I thought this was gonna be really really cheesy at first, but then I got to the end, and you turned over my expectattions! I wasn't able to place a few of the lines outside of the context that your summary suggests, but other than that, this was extremely clever and deceiving. The summary is a lil cruel though, as you force us to read this poem with a certain mindset/interpretation, but I guess that was your intent.

Just to say thanks for dropping me a review outside of the RG! :)

Sakina x
believe in her chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Hahaha, I was fooled.
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
It took me a moment to get this, but that just goes to show how well you decieved me. Though, to be fair, the only reason I was decieved was because of your summary. Having your summary do the decieving comes across as a bit lazy to me, and doesn't give the actual writing a chance to have it's own go.

Never the less, as I reread the poem, I could see all the times you could be talking about writing. You put across your meaning very well.

I still found your writing over flowery in places, with some unneeded words. Simpler language isn't always bad.

Overall, I think this was a nice poem with only a few flaws. I enjoyed reading it.
PopMakesMeBurpy chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
So, I read this poem, but I didn't comment on it. Instead I read your profile. Obviously, I had to comeback and comment. Haha.

I do like this poem. It took a couple of reads to get to this level of liking, which isn't your fault, it's mine. I read a little quickly sometimes and when I do that I don't really grasp much of what I read. I am trying to stop.

I like how polite this poem is. It is refreshing to read something like this after being exposed to anything sex related these days.
artofjula chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Hahaha this was really humorous but incredibly sexy at the same time! :P I loved it.
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Ah, witty. Good work.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
At the beginning, I kinda had a feeling you were playing us along but I wasn't really expecting you to go through with it XD. Brilliant.

Quite one of the funniest things I've read so far.
speakeasy-love chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
absolutely brilliant. the ending was my favorite, simply for the dose of real world it gave the poem.

there is a well structured, but true honest passion to this piece.

i like it a lot.
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
wow, that was funny. The entire time, you think it's about sex... and then it says,"Thanks for your notes."