Reviews for The Pirate's Legacy: New Horizons
Miranda Catherine chapter 30 . 1/14/2012
Hey great chapter! I'm sure if I reviewed the last or the ones prior...

Ok, i havent reviewed in a while...:p sorry!

But this is seriously awesome! Good job!

-DE-
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 30 . 1/12/2012
This chapter flows very well. No odd phrases or stumbling blocks.

Nice directions joke.

Yes. I really enjoyed this chapter. It was another really exciting action scene, and Calypso is now safe in Dread Robin's hands! It will be interesting to see how Em and Calypso get along... Kim seems to be a very useful friend to have, and I can't wait to see what happens with Blika and his conspirators.

Seems like this plot is advancing, and it'll be interesting to see where we end up.

Another great chapter. Update soon!
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 29 . 1/12/2012
I continue to fall behind in my reviews.

"With Louise waving the departing trio..."

Just a forgotten "to" between "waving" and "the".

"and within seconds the town was but a spec resting next to the ocean."

I don't believe this is the spec (i.e. specification) you wanted. I'm sure you meant speck.

"for an indication of any of the guards in front of the portico or inside the main courtyard had heard the intruder."

This is nit-picking, but I think "that" fits better than "of" in the first part of this sentence, since it introduces such a long phrase. Just a thought.

Okay. So, that's all I have for this chapter. I really enjoyed your attention to detail in this chapter. It added a lot to the scene. The paragraphs were a little long at times, but that's more of a problem with my attention span than your writing. We did have some action in this chapter, but I can't wait till we actually find Calypso!

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Burning Eden chapter 29 . 1/10/2012
I very recently found your stories and I immediately fell in love with them! I have read my way through them faster than any story I've read in quite a while. Please keep up the good work!
toxic-noodle725 chapter 28 . 12/28/2011
it still surprises me when roger is affectionate. Their relationship has changed so much since the beginning of the series where they had first gotten together and everything was great and sappy. Now a days its like they're fighting too much or too serious with a history of a romantic relationship...kinda like some parents lol.

but anyway hoping for more as always. and gosh how traumatic for Michael.
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 28 . 12/28/2011
So, I know Em is ill, but I wonder if she could be pregnant, since her vomiting is out-lasting the rest of her symptoms. It's one mystery to entertain for now, at least.

"Though the main island was entirely inhabitable..."

Do you mean uninhabitable?

"As a precaution, should someone look into his blue eyes and see the fear and disgust in their pools, he also wore a tricorn hat that was tipped over his eyes so passerby could only see the hard frown on his lips."

This sentence bothers me, I think, because of the way you specifically anticipate the emotions he will feel. Obviously, he's wearing the hat to hide any emotion they might seen in his eyes, but I think the structure just struck me as odd.

I loved the section with the twin's antics and their declaration that they're getting to old for those sorts of stunts. It relieves some of the tension with a well-timed laugh.

Good attention to detail during the slave sale with Michael and Kim. I thought you did a great job noticing the small things, like their trembling, and using it to convey emotion without just saying it. And Michael played his part convincingly while still being vulnerable. Well done.

I hope the stowaway child isn't in league with Black Death, but I am interested to see why you chose to introduce him.

Sounds like you're planning to update soon, which is good! It'd be great if we reached the action with Calypso next time, but I don't know if you'll move the plot along that quickly. Anyway, this was a really good chapter, and I can't wait to see more!
Alinzar chapter 28 . 12/28/2011
THAT IS AN AMAZING LINE! The last on, that is...

It holds meaning even outside of your fantasy world.

By the way, I read you Pirates FanFic, and I have to say that I enjoy your original fics better :D

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Eva
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 27 . 12/28/2011
I just realized that I never reviewed this chapter, probably because I was in the grips of NaNo when you updated. That's my official excuse, at least.

"Soon after recovering the formerly kidnapped Queen of Tarym, the Pirate King..."

I feel like your use of "formerly" is redundant. You just stated that she was recovered, so it's pretty clear she's no longer kidnapped.

I love Michael's reaction to Roger's order. His anguish is pretty tangible, and it's a nice addition to his character.

Otherwise, there isn't much to comment on for this chapter. Luckily, I get to look forward to the action in the next one. Another nice chapter!
LilMaria chapter 28 . 12/27/2011
Yay! So happy you posted!:) I can even begin to tell you how amazing and real your characters you are!:)

Conincedentially, I had the pirates of the carribean 4 soundtrack going durin my reading this...it works!:)

Love your story and take your time posting! All great writers need their time!

~marie
lil and tiny chapter 27 . 12/21/2011
Hi! It's been a while since I've last commented, I think? My exams are finally over! :D I have more time to devote to reading your wonderful creations. And reviewing. Haha.

The way you subtly craft Roger's love and concern for Em is masterfully done! Much more awesome than the squandered "I love you"s in so many stories.

Flirty Louise should appear more. Michael-Louise scenes are very much appreciated too )

That last bit should be made into a movie, or something. Your writing has always been detailed, but the last bit is ... whoa! Great job there! And it really shows her innate determination combined with the hatred gained from the last few chapters.
toxic-noodle725 chapter 27 . 12/18/2011
not very eventful but still a chapter filled with heaviness. cant wait for more. its good to have you back :)
Midnight113 chapter 27 . 12/16/2011
Hmm, interesting ending. I love seeing Em's determination and I'm curious if she'll tell Roger about her discovery regarding her parents. Love how Roger kept checking on her and inquiring about her health, he so loves her, lol. Can't wait for the next one, great job!
Kassandra Duric chapter 27 . 12/14/2011
Very well writen chapter, though I do a a few things to sugest for it.

Instead of using words like Populace(sp) or Islet(sp) just use plain words like population or island(s). We know the time frame that you're writing for, but you also have to understand that the only people that would actually know what you're talking about when you use big fancy words like that are either dead or in parlement.

Instead of telling us about the conversation between Micheal and Roger, Show us. Don't tell us that they talked about his enslavement and how he felt about be coming a slaver, SHOW us the conversation. To tell the truth, if you had just used the second sugestion that I just made, that alone would have made this chapter so much better.

And I thought they were still on the ship, not in some in. When did they get to this inn? You need to specify that in the beginning of the chapter. At the end of the last chapter, she was being brough back onto the Jolly ROger, not being brought into an inn. You had me completely lost when you started talking about a sitting area and a dinning room. As far as I know, there is no such thing on the Jolly Roger. You've never once mensioned a sitting area on the Jolly Roger in any other the three books that you've written in theis series.
Alinzar chapter 27 . 12/10/2011
YAY! You're back! We've missed you :D:D

Great chapter! You're doing a great job of weaving all the different story lines together while still building and maintaining the intensity.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next :D:D

Until next time,

E
Miranda Catherine chapter 26 . 11/30/2011
This story is so good (the entire series rather) that I've been sneaking chunks of time in my classes to read it!:) and I don't use my phone during class at all... I just couldn't get enough!

I love yor characters because they're so real and not cliche! I love piracy and the history on pirates. I'm obsessed with it and some novels that throw in the cliche romance stuff annoys me greatly! You're really one of my inspirations!:)

Amazing job and can't wait to read more!:)

-DE-