Reviews for The Pirate's Legacy: New Horizons
Random1 chapter 24 . 8/19/2011
i love those indirect romantic moments. i absolutely love your storieas, they arn't just the cliche romantic stuff, it actually has substance. The plotline is absolutely magnificent! Can't wait for the next installment... i wonder if they are ever going to formally get together?
C.Lauren chapter 24 . 8/17/2011
I love your fight scenes and always look forward to you updating. I hope this isn't Black Death's way of trying to gain the crown or something like that.

Poor Em, always the damsel in distress. I would be nice she was saved for good... highly unlikely, but it would be good for Roger's health.
eggshellwhite chapter 24 . 8/11/2011
Can't wait to see what the plans are for Em and how to get her back! Great suspense and action in this one! Great job.
Agent Bluejay chapter 24 . 8/11/2011
You never cease to amaze me, Lady! I like how you write your fight scenes, their not all dolled up like in other stories. With all the blood people be spillin' I'm surprised Captain Robin's ship hasn't been dyed red yet!

Em's been kidnapped... queen-napped once again! I'm starting to think Em'll give Roger a heart attack before this stories done!

Sincerely,

Captain Amarantha Catafalque of the Superior Sin.

P.S. sorry I never got to properly review your story before, I had a killer headache, and a huge pain in my back. But I loved that chapter as well.
Midnight113 chapter 24 . 8/10/2011
Oh no! I had a bad feeling something like this would happen. I hope nothing awful happens while she's captured. I feel like they really won and there's no hope left for Em and Roger... especially with the trident gone. I'm freaking out right now, but I'm confident you'll fix this, you are an amazing writer after all. I'm going to be so sad when you start school again, but in the meantime... update asap!
popo-chan-xo chapter 24 . 8/10/2011
NONONONONOOOOOO! Please don't rape Em. JACKASSS! Roger will cut you all up! If Em has awesome pirate super powers passed down her momma, it'd be nice to see them now. I hope her goddess Helena comes and helps her out, since she is fighting for her, ya kno? I loved the action in this chapter. It was really detailed and I felt like I was actually watching it happen. You must have researched a lot about ships to write this, ey? Thanks for the dedication! Can't wait for the next chapter. I hope this series never ends.
Kassandra Duric chapter 24 . 8/10/2011
Well, I wonder why Black Death wanted Em so badly. Hope he doesn't rape her. And if he does, I hope he gets a very slow and painful death that takes days, maybe weeks, or months to kill him.
toxic-noodle725 chapter 24 . 8/10/2011
hahah i soo called it! i knew they would get raided. oh you and your cliffhangers, honestly. sigh update soon
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 24 . 8/9/2011
"While fully exposing the starboard side also left it wide open to the Black Panther's bow chasers, a concerted round of gunfire took out the two cannon."

The construction of this sentence is a bit confusing. My initial interpretation was reading "while" as "though." I had to read it three times to understand it. (This may just me being dense.) A potential revision could change that first phrase to stand alone. (?)

"Now in his early fifties, his age was a remarkable achievement for a member in his profession."

Might be nit-picky, but I think "member of" is the more conventional phrasing. But at the same time, I see why that your use of "in" may have been intentional.

You know... I think Mythbusters actually did an episode one time on whether a knife running through canvas could slow your descent. I think it was busted (but this is fiction and it works quite well for you- so we can just ignore that.)

Hm. I like the fact that Em is showing signs of fatigue. It's the rational reaction. Maybe you could alter your writing style through there to reflect her weariness. I just feel like shorter, choppier sentences might represent it better. I do admire your writing style, however. All of your sentences really seem to be carefully constructed, and they are wonderfully descriptive.

Ah! What a roller coaster chapter. First, I thought she was gone. Then, I thought she was saved, but in the end, she wasn't! She's been captured again... sort of makes you nostalgic for the first time Em was kidnapped and taken aboard a certain pirate ship. Luckily, she's not the same woman she was. And Roger's been injured. I trust that you won't kill him off this early, though you reserve the right to kill off any of your characters whenever you like. But I'm off-topic. Good emotional arc in this chapter. I really enjoyed it.

But there is that cruel cliffhanger. You know, you've spoiled us with these regular updates. It's going to be sad when they stop in a few weeks! In the meantime, though, update soon!
toxic-noodle725 chapter 23 . 8/9/2011
what a noisy chapter is all i can say.

and irritating as well since freakin black death seems like that pesky mosquito that refuses to be smashed with a shoe. -_-
eggshellwhite chapter 23 . 8/6/2011
Action everywhere! LOVE IT!
Agent Bluejay chapter 23 . 8/6/2011
Yay! you updated, I'll re-read it again though and post a better review, I have a killer headache right now and can't make sense out of anything.
Midnight113 chapter 23 . 8/6/2011
Well it looks like things are finally working in their favor... almost. I loved the effect using the trident had with creating that whirlpool, I was wondering what would happen if it were used. I really enjoyed all the action sequences, they're very well written. I feel like my attention is always captured and kept with every chapter regardless of whether or not there's action or just dialogue. I like the power Kim has, she's proven to be a crucial character during this journey with the help she's provided. I hope she's okay. Loved the scene between Em and Roger with her not letting him close her away in a box and write fragile on it. He knows better by now, she's a fighter. It was such a sweet moment in the middle of all the chaos, I really loved it. Fantastic work, update asap!
Kassandra Duric chapter 23 . 8/5/2011
Well this chapter was deffinatly filled with action. Wonder what's going to happen to the other pirate ship. I hope Kim's alright.
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 23 . 8/5/2011
Oh. It's after 3 AM, might as well stay up and review at this point anyway.

"Beyond the atoll, three ships (were) heading their way."

""How can anyonerest during a sea battle?"

Just a forgotten space there.

Other than that, I read this chapter straight through without problems or hitches. It's strange- Even though we're a little over halfway, this had a very epic, sort-of-ending-battle feel. So yeah. Sums it up with epic.

I did like the fact that there were repercussions for using the trident. I expected as much, but it was more believable that way. Same with the way the odds were slowly evened out. I'm looking forward to next chapter's duel of the pirate lords. Should be exciting.

I'm happy to see that we should expect an update soon, and I apologize for anything in here that just doesn't make sense. Apparently, I'm a bit more tired than I thought. Anyway, nice work on this chapter. Update soon!
353 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »