Reviews for Lovely, Dark and Deep
MaskedNightingale chapter 30 . 12/25/2017
Wow! Just wow! I loved this psychological story, kept me intrigued and fascinated throughout. It would be one I'd love to have on my shelf one day.
Lovethyneighbor chapter 5 . 7/20/2017
Type your review Great writing. Kept me , please write more.
cretaceous chapter 30 . 6/22/2017
well i fucking loved this! it's 3:30 am and i just read this start to finish and i'm so glad i did (and so glad i don't have to work tomorrow!) excited to read more of your stories :)
Roflmao101 chapter 30 . 5/9/2016
I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times, but I genuinely don't know how to feel about this story. This is one twisted roller coaster ride of mind fuckery (pardon my language). I mean this story really challenges your morality. I can see why Charlotte fell in love with Dr. Hall. The compassion and softness that he showed her was really contradictory to his 'hobbies'. I also understand why she was with David.

A part of me wishes she was still with David and lived a normal life. But at the end of the day, she's not a normal person. Part of me is kinda glad she's with Dr. Hall. I mean if she were to live a normal life, eventually, she would have snapped. I think that if she was to continue to be with David; he would have been killed by Charlotte, whether it be an unconscious or conscious action. Or Dr. Hall would have eventually got to him.

So in the ending I'm glad that Charlotte and Dr. Hall are together and away from society so they can't hurt anyone again. Overall, I'm still conflicted. I certainly didn't hate this story at all. I love the way it's written. It's clear that you're a very talented person. It's not often that I come across a story that challenges me and my beliefs. If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that this is definitely one of my favourite story. What a remarkable job and thank you for sharing!
Ilsa with an I chapter 30 . 2/13/2016
I started reading this at 12:30AM and stayed up until 4:30 to finish it. It's my fault for starting to read something so late, but I can't help but blame you for writing something so engrossing that I couldn't just put it down after reading the first chapter. I'm now browsing your other work, and I really hope you end up publishing because you should definitely be profiting from your writing.
Mydarlinghenri chapter 30 . 9/22/2015
I change my mind. Please, you must pitch this to Netflix or HBO or to whomever. It's too good to let it languish in fictionpress.
Mydarlinghenri chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
This was both terrible and beautiful. I want to leave a long-ass review but I think it would end up becoming an essay. This story is so perfect. I kind of want it to see it become a TV show, but I would hate to see anything in it changed. Some parts of it was just poetry that I think it would be difficult to convey those moments visually.

Thank you for writing such a brilliant story.
WeepingCrown chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
I'm really happy that I read this, it made me laugh, cry and love... The first time I read this I had to put the story down from time to time (even though i was addicted) because it was playing with my emotions and sanity so much.. And to be honest I'm quite in love with those characters
I love Evander Hall, really, I think he is amazing despite his.. hobby... I love Charlotte, well when she was with David I hated her and strongly disagreed with her but I forgave her the second she chose Evander again, poor Charlotte goes through a lot of things I hope that she will be happy forever with Dr Hall! I love Sam, I love her dad.. And David, poor David, I love him too.. this guy is so unfortunate I'm so sad for him.. but I'm wouldn't change a thing though :/
This story was absolutely fantastic, heart breaking and breath taking! I wish I could buy a physical copy of that book ;)
Thank you so much for sharing this with us because it made me feel so many things :)
Rakkasan Girl chapter 30 . 4/8/2015
This was a very twisted and interesting ride. You really delved into the psychology of the whole ordeal, and I loved it. I liked the dark spin you put on this and the horror involved. Outstanding job :)
Ney13 chapter 21 . 3/17/2015
I am rereading, and have noticed that you call Charlotte Miss Reed and Miss Ross. Just thought you'd like to know!
ajashire1 chapter 30 . 3/15/2015
This was a wonderful adventure. I really adored this story. Thinking back now I'm not sure where I wanting this story to go... but now I know that I wanted a happy ending. And I received one. I've read quite a few stories with this kind of love, (by Malevolent Reverie) but this one was different. Sweeter and not just about a hostile relationship that would inevitably leave someone destroyed. This showed another possible way, and the questions asked often in this story led me to a few answers myself. Your story has reminded me that there are many solutions, there has never been just one. (Good or not eh...?)
Thanks for the read.

-Aja
Amy chapter 25 . 2/5/2015
I'm genuinely conflicted as to how I should feel thus far after reading these past 25 chapters. Mainly because, I'm trying to cross reference Charlottes relationship to my own, because I was in an abusive
relationship and I find this, to be, perversely fantastic? I can't help but like her relationship with Dr. Hall. A lot of it hits home but at the same time I can't imagine him as the sociopath he is? If that makes sense. Any who, I love the story thus far, I've been reading it non-stop. It's amazingly written and I can't wait to read the sequel that you've started. Thanks for the great read!
starkgambit chapter 19 . 1/19/2015
I'm not usually a fan of fics like this and stumbled by it out of curiosity.
But wow.
Just wow.
Very well written indeed. I was thinking after a few pages I'd just drop this fic and move on to something else. Although I don't approve of the relationship going on between them but wow again.
I can't stop reading.
What a Reader chapter 30 . 1/5/2015
I haven't quite decided how I feel about this story as a whole. I'm very conflicted, you see. On one hand, the writing itself was excellent. You do great work. However, I feel a bit upset that she ended up with Hall. Their relationship did seem abusive to me, and while he was a kind man to her, she was almost too exposed to the unkind side of his. I liked David. I thought he was nice, and I agreed that she was healing with him. Long story short, I loved the story, the writing, and your eloquence. However, something about it unsettled me, and maybe that was your purpose. Either way, I would definitely read it again.
Hakalau Tom chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
I just found this story after starting the author’s Space Pirates.

Q: “Why do you kill?” A: “Why does anyone do anything?” This answer’s gotta to be among the worst cop-outs I’ve ever read. Hall should be ashamed, but he’s not. If I want to give him credit, which I don’t, I might take this as a conversation starter, encouraging Charlotte to ask more questions.

Reviewers of later chapter seem to like Hall. Here in Chapter 6, he’s high on my shit list. He finds beauty in fear. What a creep. (Why am I saying so? I don’t complain when a painter captures fear’s beauty. Maybe it’s because I expect Hall to create the fear himself, like some supernatural predator that feeds on fear and brains.) In “Space Pirates,” I recall one character opining that fear is useless. I think most of us find it useful but not beautiful.

I approve of Charlotte’s bluntness. Until she can get away, she should ping relentlessly, continually updating the level of threat.

This story is most entertaining so far, but I’m afraid it may develop a case of Stockholm Syndrome. The editing is very good.
140 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »