Reviews for Lovely, Dark and Deep
Ney13 chapter 21 . 3/17/2015
I am rereading, and have noticed that you call Charlotte Miss Reed and Miss Ross. Just thought you'd like to know!
ajashire1 chapter 30 . 3/15/2015
This was a wonderful adventure. I really adored this story. Thinking back now I'm not sure where I wanting this story to go... but now I know that I wanted a happy ending. And I received one. I've read quite a few stories with this kind of love, (by Malevolent Reverie) but this one was different. Sweeter and not just about a hostile relationship that would inevitably leave someone destroyed. This showed another possible way, and the questions asked often in this story led me to a few answers myself. Your story has reminded me that there are many solutions, there has never been just one. (Good or not eh...?)
Thanks for the read.

-Aja
Amy chapter 25 . 2/5/2015
I'm genuinely conflicted as to how I should feel thus far after reading these past 25 chapters. Mainly because, I'm trying to cross reference Charlottes relationship to my own, because I was in an abusive
relationship and I find this, to be, perversely fantastic? I can't help but like her relationship with Dr. Hall. A lot of it hits home but at the same time I can't imagine him as the sociopath he is? If that makes sense. Any who, I love the story thus far, I've been reading it non-stop. It's amazingly written and I can't wait to read the sequel that you've started. Thanks for the great read!
starkgambit chapter 19 . 1/19/2015
I'm not usually a fan of fics like this and stumbled by it out of curiosity.
But wow.
Just wow.
Very well written indeed. I was thinking after a few pages I'd just drop this fic and move on to something else. Although I don't approve of the relationship going on between them but wow again.
I can't stop reading.
What a Reader chapter 30 . 1/5/2015
I haven't quite decided how I feel about this story as a whole. I'm very conflicted, you see. On one hand, the writing itself was excellent. You do great work. However, I feel a bit upset that she ended up with Hall. Their relationship did seem abusive to me, and while he was a kind man to her, she was almost too exposed to the unkind side of his. I liked David. I thought he was nice, and I agreed that she was healing with him. Long story short, I loved the story, the writing, and your eloquence. However, something about it unsettled me, and maybe that was your purpose. Either way, I would definitely read it again.
Hakalau Tom chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
I just found this story after starting the author’s Space Pirates.

Q: “Why do you kill?” A: “Why does anyone do anything?” This answer’s gotta to be among the worst cop-outs I’ve ever read. Hall should be ashamed, but he’s not. If I want to give him credit, which I don’t, I might take this as a conversation starter, encouraging Charlotte to ask more questions.

Reviewers of later chapter seem to like Hall. Here in Chapter 6, he’s high on my shit list. He finds beauty in fear. What a creep. (Why am I saying so? I don’t complain when a painter captures fear’s beauty. Maybe it’s because I expect Hall to create the fear himself, like some supernatural predator that feeds on fear and brains.) In “Space Pirates,” I recall one character opining that fear is useless. I think most of us find it useful but not beautiful.

I approve of Charlotte’s bluntness. Until she can get away, she should ping relentlessly, continually updating the level of threat.

This story is most entertaining so far, but I’m afraid it may develop a case of Stockholm Syndrome. The editing is very good.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/12/2014
Oh my god *leans forward in seat*
Guest chapter 30 . 11/10/2014
I just wanted to congratulate you. This was one of the best stories I've ever read. Terrifically written.
AdelaideMartin chapter 30 . 10/22/2014
I have devoured this book for the 5th time now. I want my very own copy of it to have forever and ever. If you ever so publish let us know!
Anonymous chapter 30 . 10/3/2014
Wonderful story.
TMSantos chapter 10 . 9/20/2014
This chapter breaks my heart every single time.
TMSantos chapter 8 . 9/20/2014
This scene will forever be in my heart, especially after tackling human touch in one of my classes haha. I guess it's because it's the stepping stone to a whole new level in their relationship...? I'm not sure if I can word my thoughts right, haha.
TMSantos chapter 6 . 9/20/2014
Rereading this story for the, um... fourth time? Fifth?
And can I just say, Dr. Evander Hall is one of my favorite people in the world.
dreamer-x0x0 chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
I really like the quote from Robert Frost although I'm not entirely sure it goes with the overall flow until I read more of what happens! But it definitely matches the initial setting and is maybe a good indication of the mystery, darkness, and "promises" to come. Interesting set-up, I am curious if there is any goodwill to come from a serial killer and starting with a mystery does indeed want me to read on! :) Continuing now...
striped-dianthus chapter 30 . 5/26/2014
ARGH, I feel so conflicted. And...I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS! It's amazing, obviously, and I'll probably keep on returning to read it all over again sometimes, because I REALLY liked it. It really made me think a lot, and it's sort of hard not to love and hate Dr. Hall at the same time, because your morals tell you to be disgusted by him since he's a serial killer, but then you feel sorry for him because he's in jail, and because you're reading through Charlotte's perspective, you can't stop from liking him at least a little bit. And it's not like he doesn't have ANY morals; his morals are just different from what society preaches, and it's even harder not to like him. Anyways, since I could probably ramble on for hours, I'm going end with that it was AMAZING emotionally and mentally...I believe the word for this is 'mind fuck'? LOL :P
146 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »