Reviews for Home at Last
Isolde Auckley chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
You are a very talented writer. I love the way you put all this together. It is at the same time entertaining in a way, at least capturing and holding my interest, as well as being deep, profound, awesome! Great perspective!
A Fire Rose chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Lovely. I'm not sure what God will look like, but I love that You made Him appear glorious for sure. Have you ever read the book "90 Minutes in Heaven" ? Another is "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. You may enjoy them.
Jeckae chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Okay, I love every bit of this. It's gorgeous. I've started a tradition for myself of leaving lists of my favorite lines in my reviews, so here they are (in story order):

1) Death came for me in a screech of brakes and the smell of burning rubber.

That's an incredible opening sentence. It really grabbed me.

2) Humming a tune from his favourite TV show as he powered towards the intersection, he had seen the traffic light turn amber but decided he could make it before the light went red. Stopping now, he reasoned, would add minutes to his run, and he'd lose his bet with Jimmy, his fellow delivery driver. So he accelerated, only to find that his van didn't handle as well going round corners as his little blue coupé.

Insane props for making him so human. Anyone could do this.

3)... me, patiently waiting at the side of the road for the walk signal.

Instinct told the driver to mash his brakes.

Instinct was wrong.

That is an awesome use of paragraphs.

And everything after that, but especially these:

4) The voice crashed over me like a raging torrent, hammering at my senses with endless power.

5) As I looked up in awe at my Saviour, the white-hot fire of His gaze swept over me, into me, through me, searching out the very depths of my heart, and I staggered under its weight. My eyes fell upon His hands, held out before me, and with sudden, awful clarity I saw the marks left by the nails. Sorrow flooded me as I understood fully, for the very first time, the price that had been paid for my redemption. The infinitely powerful, supremely glorious, divinely majestic Creator of the universe had humbled Himself to the point of dying a cruel, shameful death on a cross - for me. I, a selfish, prideful, arrogant man, had escaped eternal death because the very Word of God made flesh had sacrificed Himself in my place. I bowed low, aware like never before of my unworthiness before my God, as wrenching sobs took hold of me.

Although I imagined it was a girl the whole time. Probably because I'm one. (favorites)
lovelife12 chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
So beautiful. Your writing really speaks to the heart and its so captivating. I loved the entire thing but I really liked the first paragraph. There was just something about it that really grabs the reader which I find hard to do. Lovely work and that you for this story.