Reviews for Sir Steven's Magical Quest
SirScott chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
This story probably has more puns than any other story on fictionpress. Maybe, Sir Steven could move to Utah. Keep up the good work.

SirScott
nickyO chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Lol, quite a yarn indeed. Chuck full of puns and spot on names. And again I was surprised at the end.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Very funny a bit like The Princess Bride!
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Reading this felt like a weird acid trip I had back in high school, I woke up re-writing Hanzel and Gretel... The only way I knew it was about Hanzel and Gretel was the line "two sh!t faced kids..." hmm...

I practically spit out my coffee reading the part about the trees converting to vegetarianism and eating eachother, it was so morbidly unique. wonderful work, as always!

-William
sophiesix chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
heh heh definately one of those more 'adult' fairy tales. Love how you use and twist the cliches. and the puns of course. the hula hoops were a touch of brilliance! The queen had to be my favourite character, love her dry asides. ah, memories of long car trips being forced to listen to mum's barbra strident tapes, ha! revenge is sweet. bizarre and impossibly amusing.
Skylark1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Bahahaha 'Duchess Hot Babe', 'Barbra Strident'.

The descriptions of all the challenges along the way remind me a lot of the original Oz books by L. Frank Baum. So do the ways in which they are solved! My favourites were the snake hula-hoops. :)

Not so keen on the ending, because all the characters had the same fate. It would have been nice to see something different happen to Steven than Helen.

Good job on imitating fairytales! I like the way that everything is blatantly ridiculous and often downright illogical (even in the context of this fairytale world) but everyone just takes it for granted. I started off thinking that this story was a parody, but now I'm not so sure. I think it actually has an awful lot in common with traditional fairytales, if you discount the modern-day references.

Anyway, nice work! Keep it up!