Reviews for Happy Endings
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9
That is one beautiful os. Yes, its a bit cliched but still managed to retain its charm. I'll be honest though, I love stories with happy endings and thus I liked this one too. A fact that is commendable is that you've managed it without being too sappy. And I liked the end part a lot.
Cheers!
P.s. Wyatt's cute
uo chapter 1 . 3/25
amaazing
scarletwillow142 chapter 1 . 3/25
They're only a few oneshots out there that depict life the way you do: With all its faults.
Even though the story is a bit cliche, and a tad dramatic,it shows the simplicity of human thoughts and the shallow reasoning behind actions.
very genuine story, looked like it actually happened in real life.
So, all in all:

AMAZING!
Be-U-tiful chapter 1 . 2/13
Oh my gosh THE FEELS RIGHT NOW. This was so beautifully written and just so amazing. The last part had me crying ugh I love this so much!
Nicole chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
Spectacular.

I can't string together my emotions towards this piece of work, but I insist on publishing this in somewhat gratitude and admiration of what you have done. It certainly bugs me how beautiful writing like this is not widely recognised, whilst there are rubbish things out there being appreciated by the ignorant, but nonetheless. Loved the story. Amazing job, keep it up! Maybe, just maybe, one day I'll be able to write a good tale like you do. At least I hope to. Have a great life. xx
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, a judge wrote this review for it: There's not all that much I can say about this one-shot. It's amazing, but it's very straightforward as well and sort of the same all the way through. That doesn't make it bad; it's almost refreshing in a world of one-shots that are quirky and crazy and very alive. It was nice to read a normal story with a quiet, slow romance.

It's about Paige and Wyatt. The pair can't be any more opposite: Paige is stoic and cautious while Wyatt is adventurous and unfailingly happy. Paige finds him one night inside a phone booth, and, after the phone is stolen from both of them, she offers to give him a ride to his girlfriend's apartment. When that takes a turn for the much worse, he (platonically) spends the night at Paige's place, which eventually leads to him unofficially moving in... for five years. How it plays out is sort of obvious.

Happy Endings is over 17,000 words yet never seemed to drag on. There is a lot more narration than dialogue, but it didn't get boring or hard to understand. It was really beautifully written; some lines were surprisingly insightful.

It was very easy to understand how both Paige and Wyatt felt, as well as the other characters who were simply observing their relationship. Despite the wonderful descriptions of and reasoning behind their emotions, I found myself wanting to slap Paige very much for hurting Wyatt, but I also wanted to slap Wyatt for not understanding Paige. It was easy to relate to both the characters, though: to Paige for being afraid of love and losing her independence, and to Wyatt for his constant optimism and general happy-go-lucky attitude.

The ending was a little hard for me to read, but that was probably just because of my strong dislike for drama. There were some grammar mistakes, but definitely not enough to distract from the story, especially considering the fact that it's 17,000 words long! It seemed like you never really got to know the characters, which sort of made it hard to care about them or their budding romance.

In spite of that, I 100% recommend Happy Endings. The timing is a thing of beauty; the characters, while not wholly realistic, were easy to understand; the plot is original and well-executed. If you find yourself bored at home with nothing to do, then read this one-shot. Just make sure you have a lot of time and a lot of pillows/punching bags!
eveneechan chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
OMG. This story made me cry :" but I love it!
mimster259 chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This is one of the best one-shots I've ever read on this site, and I've read a lot. You are truly a very talented writer, and don't take this lightly when I say phenomenal job!
maiff chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Omg huhu I'm melting into a puddle of feels. :"
A Little Bit of Reality chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Breathtaking amazing I love it
APassionForReadingAndWriting chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
This is a great story! I love it :D :D :D
Guest chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
This is a beautiful story. The love is realistic, and the couple is fantastic! Why don't guys like Wyatt exist in real life?!
Chakara1winxclub chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
First I've got to appreciate the fact that you didn't back out and you've completed the 16,847 worded story. Impressive. And I really appreciate this story as it can reveal the emotions of a girl who's scared of commitment and a boy who believes in love (a category quite hard to find nowadays). And the way you've ended it is so simple yet so meaningful. I love it. Thank you... :D
Steph T chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
It was lovely.
Darcy chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
WOW...That was just amazing...
100 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »