Reviews for Walking Away Smiling Part One
Ruby Kart chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
TATHWEM! Seriously, did you have to make it sad? Of all the horrible things that have happened to Walter, you had to add THIS to it? I know it's only part 1, but still, that's not what I was hoping for. I still see Walter as your idea of you. If you plan on this for your life - dude, that's just a little messed up.

Something in this story is different though. Different from your usual style of writing. I can't quite place it, but it didn't have the traditional Tathwem feel to it. Or, maybe that's just me. Maybe you weren't as confident with the story as you usually are. Have you ever been in a hospital situation and seen someone on life support or seen someone expecting a delivery? If not, that may be why it didn't seem to flow as easily. It's hard to write from imagination something that happens in real life. You REALLY have to think outside ordinary realms sometimes, and when others who have seen what happened happen, it's also a little difficult for them to relate to the story. Such as, I've never seen anyone on life support talking and smiling and laughing, and then flatline in a matter of seconds. The people I've seen on life support look almost dead already.

Anyway, I'm not meaning that as harsh or anything, please don't take it like that. It just seems a little different from your usual stories.

You almost made me cry though:

"There is one thing I want you to do," Valerie said.

"Anything Valerie," I said getting tense.

"I want my last image to be your smile," She wished. "More than anything that's what I want."

Seriously, nothing is sweeter than that image and those lines.

Keep Writing!
TwistedTriangle chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Its amazing. I cried. But I can't wait for part 2. Walk Away Smiling.