Reviews for Place to Escape
Ioga chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I'm not very experienced in reviewing songs, but here goes nothing. :)

I had a bit of trouble telling where the chorus ends and the next verse begins - it all has double linebreaks. Maybe a smaller break between lines within a verse or a chorus section, and a longer break between the chunks would make it easier to get the organization straight? The verses (parts between choruses, anyway) seem to have different lengths too, so structuring it all with whitespace might open the song in a different way.

The story of the song is kind of melancholic, the narrator doesn't really seem to have a place in the world except a hidey-hole inside their mind where they're understood. Maybe there's a real-world equivalent for the place somewhere far away, but it might just be imagination too. There's the desire to escape, but is there really a place to escape to, or just one to escape from? That's what it got me thinking. :)

Minor nitpick: I think "cause" is written with an apostrophe, 'cause, to separate it from cause as in causality. :)

Thanks for this!
Indigo Masquerade chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Ok, I vote for this to be the official daydreamers' theme song. It's so cute, I love it.

All I need to do is hide...

Nice job _
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Great song, really well written. I must applaud you! Keep it up!

Anna _
lymli chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I guess a lot of times there's people who do that.
Author Imagination 2007 chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I can totally relate to this one, because it feels like nobody understands us and we need to have an escape from all of this. This is an awesome song ever!

-A.I. '07
Ciaran Mordecai chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
wow canine, nice job, u r really talented with songs :)
Paper Airplanes chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
well...you're quite the song writer, aren't you?

Good job as usual!

probably one of my favorites, because I can relate to that...

Uh, so yeah!